Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage :
PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: About This Forum - PLEASE READ!!  (Read 813 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

About This Forum - PLEASE READ!!
« on: April 22, 2019, 01:44:59 AM »
Our moderators are no longer  posting workshop projects and challenges for the users.  This forum is now self-governed and it's up to you, the users, to make it a nice place to visit.

If you come across a new project that you think would be fun for the rest to try. please post it in the Post-a-Project forum (there is one for AD and another for AP).

If you wish to discuss either of the Affinity betas, post in the appropriate Discussion areas.  If you have questions that another user cannot answer, be patient because the Admins will be here from time to time.  We still have to do maintenance!

Bottom line is.... enjoy!  :yes01:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline aemme2019

Re: About This Forum - PLEASE READ!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 07:41:56 AM »
Good day everybody. I am really new here and not much used to post in forum, but since I feel orphan of Photoimpact fans and also unsatisfied of other photo retouch programmes, here at least I feel at home. I started with PI some 20 years ago, when I built my first, basic website. You remember the time? We had to keep every page below 200k, there was no fast connection... Well, I didnt make a long way so far, my pages are bit dull, I would need a Photo to Impact, so I decided to change my preferred program. I have just downloaded Corel PSP, which I hated at first but seemed to me the only alternative the other day. Today, dont know why, I had the idea of visiting PIRC, and here I am. Thanks for suggesting Affinity, will download same now and I will start from there in learning. You think I will miss PI? You think I have better keep it on my PC because it is still useful? Thanks. Nice to be here

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »
I would be so lost without my PI!  I use it almost every day for one thing or another.  I also like the Affinity series but there are things that I can do so much better in PI. I've been using it since version 3 and just cannot seem to give it up.

The nice thing about Affinity DrawPlus is, it's still an infant. It's still on the first version.  That lets us grow up with it.  Give it a fair try - just remember NOT do to it the way you're used to doing it in other programs.  You have to re-program your brain.

PIRC has gone through a number of changes since PI and hopefully, we're here to stay with Affinity! :xmas03: :xmas53:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 03:14:51 AM »
Welcome to pirc   :xmas40:

I have used PI and PSP and now I used aFfinity designer and photo
I Love Affinity Designer it is a vector program and you can draw anything with it once you get the basics of the program.
If you need help in any way just ask and we will all try and help you.

A good place to start with the basic learning of tools  is MaryLou's excelent begginer tutorials   you will find it HERE

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)