Affinity Forums ::: PIRC Facebook Affinity ::: PIRC Webpage
PIRC YouTube Channel ::: Affinity Graphics

Author Topic: Background Remover - part 1  (Read 421 times)

Offline Joy

Re: Background Remover - part 1
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 02:57:58 AM »
i have friend who is constanly bombarded for cards, lots of layer, boxed and thingies..she is brilliant.....ideal too for presents, just  money inside, and less stress......;ots pf fellas love them..not being shoppers...lol

takr care
love joy
birdscene by joy marshall, on Flickr

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2021, 11:43:31 PM »
Thanks for all the great comments!  The Craft Fair was not much of a success.  We had very little traffic although we did a LOT of advertising. I think COVID had a lot to do with that.  People don't want to go out unless they have to.  Can't say I blame them!

My little Etsy shop has done fairly well for being up such a short time. 16 different people have placed orders.  That doesn't add up  to be a lot of money because I don't have any thing  over $10.00.  I had a 20% off through  most of December.  I have a little pearl and crystal cross that I make and I had 12 of them. This lady messaged me and said she wanted 600 of them and asked for a discount.  600??  Wow, no way can I do that.  I told her that I am a one person  operation, not a big retailer and it would not be possible. She wanted them for some religious convention they were having.  I had them on sale for $2 so she ended up buying all of them.  So, she messaged me back yesterday and asked if I  could make like a dozen or so per week so she'd have enough by next Christmas.  I told her I could do that but I would not do it for $2 each.  I only make a 24 cent profit for my labor and I had to put them back to $3.  Not only that, my supplier almost doubled the cost of the beads.  She  has not replied so not going to buy supplies until I hear from her.  I have 18 on my Etsy page right now.

Is NICE not having to do the newsletter anymore!  That always took up so much of my time.  Now, I only create a Word Seek puzzle, the birthday list, anniversary list, and anyone who has passed away.   As my final newsletter project, I made a special word search and put one in everyone's Christmas Cards.   I have attached the file as a PDF for those who like those kinds of  puzzles. You can print it out and solve it.

After the holidays are all over with, I'm going to go back and do all of my tutorials for Designer so I can re-learn and start using it again. I want to be able to create .svg files (vectors) and even though I can create vectors in PI, I cannot export them as an .svg and that's the best format for Cricut.

Hope you all have a great and safe New Year!
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Online Teejay

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2021, 04:51:43 AM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  MaryLou back in the vector swing
sounds good to me.

Offline San

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2021, 01:49:32 PM »
Wow MaryLou that is great news that you will be working with vectors again.
Sorry i hear that the craft fair was not a success this year at least you sold a few things.

Happy New year to youl

Offline Linda R

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2021, 03:12:27 PM »
Happy New Year MaryLou!!  Sounds like you are having fun living life!!!  That's great!  Too bad the craft fair wasn't better, but these days it's not surprising.  Life is just weird any more! 
Thanks for sharing the word search puzzle, I love to do all kinds of puzzles, keeps the brain working!! 

Offline Grethe

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2022, 11:51:37 AM »
Happy to hear from you again and to know you are creating vectors again!  :flowersmile:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)