Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Last news about my crash...Grethe  (Read 385 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

Last news about my crash...Grethe
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:22:48 pm »
It was not possible to save anything from the crashed disk! I'm a little sad, but I've looked into my backup external disks, and I've a lot there. But I have lost everything we did in AD and AP for the last 3-4 months. The brushes, styles etc within the apps I have, but I will export it to backup. So I really have a lot of work to do.
I'm a little upset and tired, bedtime passed, but not sure I will sleep well tonight.

Lesson learned, take backup more often!

Good night!

Offline Nicky

Re: Last news about my crash...Grethe
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:33:42 pm »
Good night Grethe. If there is anything you I can send you that you lost just ask. I am sure we would all like to help you retrieve some of your lost items: brushes etc...

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 10:32:23 pm »
Nicky is right....... if we can help we will.
I hope you do sleep well .x

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 01:09:41 am »
Thank you Nicky and Teejay! :flowersmile:
What I miss that can not be restored, is my working files in AD and AP. The challenges I can find here, and I have a lot backup, but didn't do it for some months..... :dunno2: :pullhair:
So now I've a lot work to do, moving the stuff on external disks to my computer.........

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:26:31 am »
....and after a few hours, I have all my backup back where I want it!  :stars: :stars: :jumper:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 07:29:23 am »
That is fantastic news :thumb3:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 10:08:12 am »
 :praise20: I do a backup every week....I would be very upset if I was to loose my work

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:18:57 am »
my daughter bought me a lifetime  membership for Pcloud (about 110) but its forever .there are monthly plans too..

its a cloud saving thing for your files
i have all my files backed up instantly as i make them.. i have no documents saved with any of my details in the cloud  but i have everything graphic

its this ... i am not saying to do this mind you  i was bullied into it but am pretty pleased with it now.

https://www.pcloud.com/

Offline SherylC

• Staff
  • Silliness makes your soul smile!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 11:43:54 am »
Sorry to hear this Grethe. It's an awful thing to happen. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

A similar thing happened to me last year when my pc got stuck in a loop after doing a system restore. I lost everything and had to reinstall Windows, programmes etc and it was very much a case of starting from scratch. It was horrible.

Offline San

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 12:07:49 pm »
Grethe you will make sure you back up all the time now.  I have my external drive set so  it backs up every day.

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 12:42:49 pm »
I miss....all my backgrounds of all kind. Would help a lot to have PI's. I know ML had them somewhere, but I can't find them now. Any help? Please!!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 05:21:20 pm »
Grethe, you could re-do the projects and get your work back.  That's  lot to do but also good experience.  I do have most of the PI stuff and if you can remember what was what, I can send them to you.   You could also install PI and you'd have all the backgrounds.  You would get the following files:

Find a need and fill it!  . . .

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 01:20:19 am »
 :thanks06: ML. I still have PI installed and during the night...couldn't sleep...I realized what you are pointing at. Then I could sleep!  :laugh1:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 03:28:22 pm »
 :yes01: :yes01: :yes01:  We still have all the goodies!!!   A lot are in .ufo format but that's easy enough to change it to .png if you just open it and re-save it.  PI has a lot of really great textures and such.  Glad you were able to sleep!!! :laugh1: :woof: :tada:
Find a need and fill it!  . . .

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)