Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Workspace Toggle  (Read 68 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Workspace Toggle
« on: August 05, 2017, 03:54:10 PM »
When I work, I typically drag little parts, etc out of the document area to the workspace.  When I do this in AP, they become invisible.  In AD, if you press the \ key, it will make things outside of the document area visible.  How do you do this in AP?   I couldn't find anything in the help files.

Offline SherylC

Re: Workspace Toggle
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
Yes in AD you have to UNtick the Clip to Canvas to see the objects in the workspace but that doesn't work in AP MaryLou. An oversight maybe? It is a requested feature.   
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 02:07:18 PM »
So, are you saying that if I drag something off the document and into the workspace, there is no way I can see it?

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »
I can't find a way of making objects in the workspace visible in AP. I think this must be an oversight as it's easy to do in AD and should be the same in AP.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 06:16:45 PM »
That's what I thought but it doesn't happen.  Maybe I'll go post it in one of the Affinity forums.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 12:31:50 PM »
I will post a request too...the more the merrier.   

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 02:49:11 PM »
I posted my question on one of the Affinity boards on FB.  The only response I got from a site that boasts over 5000 members was, "did you try using art boards".  Going to the Affinity forums next.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!