Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Did You Know This?  (Read 54 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Did You Know This?
« on: August 11, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »
Here's a nice little tip that I'm sure some of you don't know.  If you are working on something in Affinity Designer and you want to do something in Affinity Photo, you don't have to save your design and then open up Photo and open the design.  All you need to do is go to File>Open in Photo, or File>Open in Designer and your image will automatically go from one program to the other seamlessly!!

They have some good tools in Photo so I can see where this will really come in handy, especially for removing white backgrounds from images, etc. 

One thing to note.... if you start in Designer with a vector, and you switch over to Photo, then back to Designer. your vector will become a raster (bitmap) image. You will no longer be able to edit the nodes.

Try it... it works!  :yes01: :yes01:

Offline Grethe

Re: Did You Know This?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 07:32:19 AM »
This was a good tip. I always save and then open in the other. This could save some time.  :thanks06:

Offline Marilyn

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
This is one thing I actually did know, MaryLou! For me, it is a massive plus point for the Affinity suite. Whilst I appreciate that most here are Windows users, I can do the same with the ios ipad app and work between all three.  :yes01: :yes01:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 02:32:41 AM »
Thanks MaryLou. A time savor for sure

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!