Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Navigating the Board  (Read 2204 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Navigating the Board
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:28:21 PM »
Here are a few  hints that might help you get around the board a little easier.  When time allows, I'll move it from this thread and put it in the board faq.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sheryl

• Pixel Art & PhotoImpact Moderator
Re: Navigating the Board
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:48:30 PM »
Oh it's fine for me I noticed it a long time ago and I watch for that little guy all the time to make sure I've posted. :laugh:

I was just thinking if it would help I could do one, but difficult we don't want so forget it.  :yes:

Nightshadow

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 06:25:44 PM »
I find that little yellow smiley, or circle, very difficult to see also......but......for me, the fastest way to check the board is to use the "Show unread posts since last vist" and Show new replies to your posts" features. As MaryLou explained in another topic, if you click on the yellow "new" icon when the list is presented, it takes you right where you want to be. With the amount of activity on this board, that feature is priceless!!

Offline Sheryl

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 08:38:10 PM »
Those links at the top Show unread posts since last visit & Show new replies to your posts are the neatest things. I've been using them since I first got on the board. I love them. It's like my mouse moves all by itself to the link every time I come in.  :laugh2:

JenT

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:41 PM »
Navigating this board is really friendly. I use those links that Sheryl mentioned and open each thread with new replies in a new tab to read them. Once I found the "Help" button up there next to the "Home" button, everything else became clearer.

Chryssy67

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 08:07:44 AM »
How do you make New Messages appear at the top of each thread?  In other words, make messages appear in Descending order instead of Ascending... is this something I can control or is this an admin preference? It's kinds annoying to have to go "next" and "next" to get to the new postings... Just wondering!  :question:

thanks

Offline Sheryl

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 08:10:45 AM »
Click on your Profile page Then on the left click Look and Layout Preferences. It's the 7th one down the list Show most recent posts at the top. put a check mark by it.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!