Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Debbie Hardisty on Video  (Read 377 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Debbie Hardisty on Video
« on: October 09, 2014, 06:27:29 PM »
This was posted on the British news - I think, yesterday.  It's Debbie Hardisty who is running for office in Jersey (not to be confused with New Jersey).  For those who might recognize her name from some of the PI tutorials, Debbie was instrumental in helping me to get the PI Beginners Workshop off the ground.  She was with us for a long time... like 8 years or so.  Now, she's gone into politics!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTswk3X591s

Offline Leenie

• Administrator
  • I'm a Pommy Mommy of Five!
    • Calendar Wallpaper for your Desktop
Re: Debbie Hardisty on Video
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »
She is really going for this and she's well prepared too!  i'm impressed and I wish her the best of luck in the election.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 11:27:12 PM »
We won't know until Oct. 15... that's election day.  She was a bit upset because someone keeps taking down her campaign signs!!  Sounds just like here!!  :laugh2: :laugh2:

Offline Maureen

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:01:12 PM »
Debbie didn't get elected.  Her opponent Kristina Moore got 13345 votes while Debbie received 200.
That's a very big swing!
Maureen - Creative-Designs - Free Tutorials
Corel Painter, PaintShop Pro, VideoStudio, Serif DrawPlus

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 05:05:26 PM »
I saw that, Maureen.  But, as Debbie said, this was only her first time ever to run for an elected office. Her opponent has run before and knows the ropes.  Next time, she'll do better - she said she learned a lot from this experience and will be better prepared next time around.

I don't know anything about Jersey politics, but I wondering if the "Reform Jersey" party is sort of like our "Green Peace" party - not a main stream political party.   I kind of got that impression.   At least, she tried!

Offline Maureen

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 09:51:23 PM »
All good experience for her.  Politics is a toughy!
Maureen - Creative-Designs - Free Tutorials
Corel Painter, PaintShop Pro, VideoStudio, Serif DrawPlus

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!