Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: A Moment in Time  (Read 539 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

A Moment in Time
« on: June 16, 2016, 08:43:53 PM »
I was cleaning some stuff out today and came across my "A Moment in Time" video.  It's the one we made in 2005 where we all submitted something from where we lived so we could all share something from our part of the world.  There were 44 PIRC members who took part  in this video so I'm sure some of you will remember it. Others will recognize familiar names like Carole, Suzie, Rosalie, Maureen, Debbie H, oh, and me... and a whole lot of other people.

Nick Dowding who was a member from the UK put the CD together and sent one to each of us. I popped mine into my CD drive today and it just sat there and looked at me.  So, tried it in the laptop with the same results. How disappointing!!!  Tossed it away.

Then I started thinking about it, maybe, just maybe I could copy the files to my hard drive, then use Serif Movie Plus to try and recreate it.  After many hours, I was able to read in most of the files and the end result was to output it as an MPv4 video which I then uploaded to our space on YouTube. I wasn't able to read all of the files from the CD but I managed to get most of the video presentable.  For those who want to see it, here's the link:

https://youtu.be/GdVpuhKoNWA

It's a very long movie so you may want to scoot it along a bit here and there.  Viewing it full screen gives the best results.

Offline Nicky

Re: A Moment in Time
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:17:56 PM »
 :praise36: :praise70: MaryLou. As I joined in 2008, I recognized only a few names. You have created a  :praise58: keepsake.   :praise59:

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 12:14:35 AM »
interesting video
i like to see old time piccies too
thank you
Now i come to THINK ABOUT it, it seems as though i've had AMNESIA for as long as i can REMEMBER

Offline Edna

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:06:51 AM »
 :praise47: Awesome video MaryLou and very interesting :praise65:

Life is an Animation, you choose what goes in the frames......Author EM Munn

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:55:18 AM »
Thanks guys.  It's a LONG video but you sure get to see a lot of the world while watching!!!  It's really cool on full screen. Nick did an excellent job of putting it together.

We sort of lost track of Nick after that video was made.  People move on... and we never know where they go.  When Nick sent the DVD, he included a letter and at the bottom of the letter, there were two email addresses.   So, I decided to see if I could find him even though the email addresses were 11 years old.   Sent an email to each of the addresses and to my surprise, I got a reply!!  I have invited him to stop in and say hello.  Not sure if he will though.  Like everyone else people are so busy they don't have time for much more than their daily lives.  Anyway, it was really nice to hear from him after all this time. :dancegirl: :dancegirl:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 12:09:23 PM »
wow there were a lot if you then and how wonderful to gather all this and put it together like he did

:tada: :praise63: :thumb3:

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »
Yes, there were a lot of us back then.  At Christmas, when we had contests, we'd always get well over 200 entries.  We also did some Round Robins which were a ton of fun.  The results of one is in our YouTube channel. 

I know we're a small group now but believe me, we have just as much fun!!! :split01: :yes01:

Offline Maureen

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 11:13:15 PM »
That's a blast from the past ML.  11 Years ago!  I've moved house twice since that video was made.  Nick very nicely gave us all a DVD but I also have it on my PC.   It was really interesting to see everyone's input.
Maureen - Creative-Designs - Free Tutorials
Corel Painter, PaintShop Pro, VideoStudio, Serif DrawPlus

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 12:04:43 AM »
Maureen, I enjoyed that too but it also made me sad to see the names of those who are no longer with us.  I was even more surprised to get a reply from Nick!  That was back when we had a LOT of members and so many people participated in whatever we posted.

I am not unhappy with our present pace though - it's a very nice friendly group just as it is.   Hard to believe PIRC has been around in one way or the other since 2001.  Not many boards left these days.. they've all gone to FB! :star:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!