Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Closing the Gap when Using a Brush  (Read 243 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Closing the Gap when Using a Brush
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »
Sometimes, when using the various brushes, they leave a gap where the beginning and end meet. Here's a work-around from Teejay, and it works!!

Draw an ellipse, then select one of the textured brushes.  You will see the gap. 

Right click and Convert to Curves.

With the Node tool click any node ( i chose the bottom node )  but any will do... then click the 'Break Curve ' button (circled).

Just like magic it, will fill the gap.  If you wish you can click  the next button  to Join Curve.

...sometimes this works sometimes not...

Offline Nicky

Re: Closing the Gap when Using a Brush
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:18:44 PM »
 :wow3: :wow3: it works  :thanks06: :thanks06: Teejay and MaryLou

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 04:46:11 PM »
That's pretty cool, isn't it?  I only posted it - Teejay is the "founder".  I did test it to make sure it worked and it does!!  I ended up clicking the connecting node to break it.  It doesn't matter which node you use, it will still work. 

Now, I wonder if that would work in DP!  Guess I'll have to find out!

RobertH.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 07:50:33 PM »
Thanks TJ for the  :praise17: tip.

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 01:51:24 AM »
 :wow3: :wow3: Teejay that is an awesome find so thank you and thanks MaryLou for posting it.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:50:31 AM »
wow glad you like it ... and thanks for testing and posting ML
we all, as one, make a great team. :cheer3:

RobertH.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:57 AM »
Teejay, I have a question for you about this. What made you think to use "break curve" to fix the stroke?

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 06:00:13 AM »
it was a fluke...
i tried to delete (not break)the top 'bald' node at first   but that made the ellipse flatten

then i had the great idea of breaking the line and overlapping each end so the  texture would meet ...i knew it wouldn't be good but i had to try it to shut my head up  :laugh2:
i clicked the break curve ....and ... it joined  ... no need to overlap so the shape stays perfect... so ... a big happy fluke. :laugh2:

Offline Martina

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »
 :thumb3: :thumb3: :thumb3:

No need for bows anymore to hide a gap!  :stardance: :stardance: :stardance:
Must try that also in DrawPlus and DaisyTrail!

Super cool great found! Thank you for sharing!  :cheer3:

RobertH.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 02:58:18 PM »
it was a fluke...
i tried to delete (not break)the top 'bald' node at first   but that made the ellipse flatten

then i had the great idea of breaking the line and overlapping each end so the  texture would meet ...i knew it wouldn't be good but i had to try it to shut my head up  :laugh2:
i clicked the break curve ....and ... it joined  ... no need to overlap so the shape stays perfect... so ... a big happy fluke. :laugh2:

What a good "fluke". I'm not sure that I would have thought to do that in a million years, so  :wow3: and thanks again.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!