Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Using Bitmap Fill Patterns  (Read 807 times)

RobertH.

Re: Using Bitmap Fill Patterns
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 08:43:17 PM »
Ava, I think you are a genius!  :praise35:

Online MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 08:49:40 PM »
Ava, how does that let you load your bitmap patterns?

Offline Ava

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 07:46:03 AM »
MaryLou, after I have clicked add application palatte and then clicked rename palette, then click on the named palette you have given it.  Then just put in a rectangle or whatever shape you want and fill it with the bitmap pattern you want to add and click where my lower circle is to add it.  It will pop in for you.

Offline Ava

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 07:47:45 AM »
Glad you could use it Robert.  I am liking to add some of  my favorite patterns . 

Offline Lynn

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »
Thank you for showing us how to add Textures to our Swatches, Ava. I did so and added some bitmaps I had in my AD Bitmaps folder. Then I used another bitmap on a shape and clicked and it was saved as a Texture too. So, two different ways to save to the Textures Palette and have them ready for use!

Offline Ava

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 09:30:35 AM »
Lynn, you are most welcome.

Another little surprise I discovered ~

Pull in an image that you like the color of
Then pick  - Create Palette from Document - from the top drop down
Then from the fly-out pick -Create application palette
Your colors from the image will automatically load
Then rename it as you like

I named this one Autumn Colors   (see image)

Offline Lynn

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2016, 09:46:21 AM »
Yes, creating a color palette can definitely provide a good resource of appropriate colors for your project.

I did an AD tutorial recently, however, where the author provided a color palette for download. It wasn't very helpful at all! The colors didn't match up to the colors called for in the tutorial (I checked the RGB settings). I decided that the color palette was created from the finished image rather than having specifically the colors needed to do the tutorial.

Offline Ava

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2016, 09:59:16 AM »
Yes, I am sure you're right. 

I kinda like the idea of being able to load in a specific color palette of colors I like to use.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2016, 10:46:13 AM »
I do wish that palettes you create would have all of the similar colors together, from lightest to darkest. It would make it much easier to choose colors.

Offline Ava

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »
That's true- I agree Lynn

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2016, 01:26:41 PM »
Lynn, you can sort your palette by color.  Go back up to that little window with all the choices. 

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2016, 01:43:38 PM »
Ava, I still cannot get a texture.  I did exactly what you said but each time I click on the little palette, it just creates another little empty box. If I right-click the little box, i get another menu but don't see how I can access my own bitmaps to add them.

Offline Ava

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 02:07:53 PM »
MaryLou, you get your bitmap fill the way you showed us to  --  Below is your quote

"Click on the Fill tool on the tool bar. Then look at the Context menu where it says Type and click the down-arrow to display the menu.  Select Bitmap.  Then navigate to where you store your bitmaps on your computer and pick what you want to use. "

After you get your fill, then click the add button

Online Teejay

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2016, 02:10:05 PM »
ml that tip of  sorting by colour is ..  AWESOME it works a treat   :thumb3: :thanks05:

Offline Ava

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
MaryLou,  Well, how do I sort by color?  What do I pick in the drop down?

I picked sort by color but nothing changes in any of my color palattes?

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!