Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Using Bitmap Fill Patterns  (Read 848 times)

Offline Teejay

Re: Using Bitmap Fill Patterns
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 02:49:33 PM »
You must have sort by colour before you save a pallet...
You can also change the size of your swatches.....this helps because you can manually drag your swatches in their pallets.... so start dragging ...lol

Offline Ava

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »
Thanks Teejay. I'm going to go and give that a try.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
I see how you do it now but wow... that's a ton of work!  You can only add them one at a time.   It would take me until next year to load all of mine. :rofl:

There is a choice on the sort - by color or alphabetically  The defailt seems to be alphabetically.
I can see where this could be good if you made your own color palette, then used your own naming scheme to make the colors sort the way you want them but that's a lot of work!!

Offline Ava

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »
True, you can add only one at a time, but as I use my bitmaps I can add the ones I love the most.  Like, one category  for gradients, textures, clip art , etc.

As time goes by, maybe the serif people could fix it so we could add a bunch in a single click.  Something to ask for..

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 06:05:32 PM »
To be honest, Ava, it is far more efficient to NOT have them all loaded.  I have them that way in DrawPlus. I have hundreds and hundreds of textures.  It takes up a lot of resources to bring all the thumbs into memory and keep them there. If you happen to move your textures to another location on your hard drive, your thumbs won't be able to find them.

I like the way they're doing them now.  You can pick your textures from anywhere.  It's far more efficient.  I did like having them all in DP, but now that I see how they're handling the textures, I definitely like it better. 

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!