Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: New Document Palette ~ Lynn  (Read 284 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

New Document Palette ~ Lynn
« on: November 03, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »
I have learned a way to start a new Document Palette for a new drawing. Use the Color Picker which is available from the Tools Panel to select your first color sample. When you click on the color you want to sample, hold down Ctrl at the same time. A new Document Palette will automatically be generated with your color sample as the first color in it. This handy information is from a new AD video.

Link to Colour Picker Tool Video

Offline MaryLou

Re: New Document Palette ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 08:49:02 PM »
I don't think I'm following that, Lynn.  Isn't a new document palettet created automatically each time you create a new document?

Offline LynnTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:11:47 PM »
What I usually get with a new document is a large standard document palette that has had new colors I sample and save in various other new documents added at the top.

What I am talking about here (and what is discussed in the video) is a new document palette that starts fresh with nothing in it except that first color you sample while holding down Ctrl. I can then add new sampled colors to it. It then has only the colors I have sampled for use in this particular document.

Online San

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
Just tried it Lynn that is a great find.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!