Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Plugin Filters  (Read 370 times)

Offline BillTopic starter

Plugin Filters
« on: November 12, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »
Hello all; I got this info from the Affinity Photo Forum:
This is what the admins say about using plugins/filters:

Photoshop plugin support is still being worked on. Some plug-ins do not work correctly or do not work at all.

Currently the Google Nik Collection only works with 8 bit images. The plug-ins will appear greyed out if you are working with a 16 bit image/document.
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLou

Re: Plugin Filters
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 08:47:52 PM »
Bill, I wouldn't be too concerned with third party plugins at this point anyway.  We have so much to learn within the program as it is. And, it has a lot of included plugins for us to play with.   

I don't even know how to resize an image yet.   :cancan:  but I'm sure I can figure it out.  It's good to know why they don't work though, especially for those who are accustomed to using them.   :praise53:

Offline LaDonna

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 05:56:46 AM »
 :thanks06: for the info. Bill.

My Topaz plug-ins are working well, and they are my favorites, so I'm feeling good about that!!

Offline Grethe

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 06:09:57 AM »
I'll wait untill we have finished the Beta and bought the real thing.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 04:00:08 PM »
Me too, Grethe.  I want to learn to use the program before I get into filters and plugins and such.  Between Designer and Photo, I think my plate is pretty full... and then Christmas comes along and complicates things!!  :dancegirl:

Offline BillTopic starter

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 04:24:18 PM »
 :praise53:,,, Filters and plugins come later, we need to learn the tools first :thumb3:

MaryLou, you see I learned how to do photo work using Photoimpact from you and the mentors, Photoimpact I used for all my photo restoration,, So now comes Affinity Photo and  :wow2:, so much better and easier than photoimpact and a lot better than PSP, the tools have a better use and more flexible use.
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »
I've only used Photo for the projects thus far but what I see, I like!!  I just might be able to make my photos look decent!!!   I knew PI like I do my own name and well I should have after as many years as I used it!   Looking forward to when I am that familiar with AP!! :xmas72:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)