Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Editing Multiple Images  (Read 602 times)

Online MaryLouTopic starter

Editing Multiple Images
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:10:51 PM »
I have two photos that I want to edit at the same time.  I want them to have the same colors or as close as possible. In PhotoImpact, I can open multiple images in the same window.  Can I do this in AP?  Below are the two photos that I want to edit and when the colors are as close as possible, I want to put them both int one image.  In PI, that's super simple but I can't see how to do it in AP.

Offline Bill

Re: Editing Multiple Images
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 01:26:37 PM »
ML, you can have more than one image open, they open on there own in a new tab at top ,and you have to click on the tab of the photo you want to work on
Hugz Bill

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 01:33:28 PM »
Bill, I don't want them in a new tab. I want them side by side so I can see both at the same time. 

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 01:36:46 PM »
I do not think it can  be done in AP
Hugz Bill

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
  if you open all you files ..
just grab and drag from the tab line  into the workspace
be warned they fight
but show them whos boss  ... i do this in ad ..i like to copy and paste stuff from one image to another ...

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 02:58:34 PM »
martina ....put that back... :laugh5:

Offline Martina

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 03:03:55 PM »
I have another idea - this should work, too, and you have your photos all in one window, so all the effects take place in one window, on different layers ...

There is that "staples" feature.
File -> new staple
or -> new staple processing.
When you click there, you can import your photos. When you are ready, they are all on one canvas on the screen, i.e. in a staple layer. This is just a group layer as we know it. You might need to resize your photos and lay out side by side on your canvas, but then you can edit them - all together or each one for itself.
When you are ready, you could "ungroup" the layer and export every image for itself, if you wish.

Export would work for the original size, even if you had dragged your pictures into smaller shapes to see them all on the canvas.

Perhaps just worth a try?

Offline Martina

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 03:11:22 PM »
martina ....put that back... :laugh5:

After I realised I had not seen MaryLou's very first post with the two photos. I saw I was on the wrong path and deleted that post myself, loooooong before I found your remark to put it back! :P

Offline Martina

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 03:18:10 PM »
Teejay, your solution might be good, too, but ...
As with the tabs, each photo is processed for itself, i.e. you would probably have to set colours etc. for each window ... might be double work. In staple processing you have all in one window, colours are set once, filters, you have 1 protocol etc. This is why I think it might be worthwhile to try out what is better ...

Offline Bill

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 04:11:14 PM »
Thanks Martina  and Tejay,, Martina I think you are on the right track here, So I am going to try this and see what all happens and can do. Boy this is great we all are learning things together, glad to see you all trying things,this all helps :thumb3: :thumb3:
Hugz Bill

Offline Teejay

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 01:45:26 AM »
Wow martina that is a magical find i am going to be using that for my calendars i think..

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 05:03:55 PM »
I must  be missing something because I can't find anything that says File\Staples?   :help01:

Offline Bill

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 05:15:46 PM »
ML,,, I think it is New Stack under the Files,, not Staples
Hugz Bill

Offline Teejay

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 11:36:51 PM »
Mmmmm this puts all nested in a layer...
Thats ok ..i can drag them out onto new layers if i wish.
I think this would work with some things ...but i like individual images in my workspace...
I would really like the option to undock all my images..without the images always trying to redock that would be perfect for me.

Offline Martina

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 10:01:45 AM »
So sorry, MaryLou, for causing this confusion! I have the German version and there it is "Stapelverarbeitung". I was careless when I wrote "staple" - my apologies!
Bill is right - it must be the "stack".

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!