Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Finder ~ Lynn  (Read 289 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Finder ~ Lynn
« on: November 16, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »
In reading through Help, I found the references below to "Finder". I have no idea what "Finder" is.

To open an image as a new document (via Finder):
   Open Finder and drag the file to an off page area of your workspace.
To open a raw image as a new document (via Finder):
   Open Finder and drag the file to an off page area of your workspace.
To add an image to a layer (via Finder):
   Drag an image from Finder to your page. The image will be added to the project as a new layer.

Offline Bill

Re: Finder ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 11:57:59 AM »
Lynn;
Open Ap program go to  top and click on help, you will see at top left the cursor flashing and arrow left and arrow right, just type Finder in the search box and it will show you what all finder does and is, click on each thing there and read all the info,, does not make sense to me,though
Hugz Bill

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 12:01:05 PM »
i think that term 'Finder ' is a mac thing .... i found this explanation

The Finder is the default file manager and graphical user interface shell used on all Macintosh operating systems. Described in its "About" window as "The Macintosh Desktop Experience", it is responsible for the launching of other applications, and for the overall user management of files, disks, and network volumes.

i browsed to my images and grabbed one and dragged it onto the empty workspace and it opened
i dragged another  onto the image and it opened in a new layer above the image
i think it is their word for Browse...sorta.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 12:11:38 PM »
Aha! That's what I was thinking! That "Finder" is a Mac thing, and it is inappropriate to have it in the AP for Windows Help. Also, I found one more discrepancy. When you search on "Finder" as Bill did, you get the references I quoted and in addition a statement about accessing it from View - Media Browser. There is no such thing in "View".

Should I say this in the AP Forum?

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 12:20:16 PM »
 :praise53: :chickdance: :cancan: :thumb3:

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 12:37:22 PM »
Okay. Will do.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 12:56:24 PM »
I posted to the Affinity Forum and Mark Ingram immediately replied:

"If it hasn't already been removed from the help, it will be in a future version. These are specific to macOS."

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 01:45:26 PM »
NEAT.....

Offline Bill

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 02:50:16 PM »
 :thanks06: :thumb3: Lynn for explaining this, Glad you posted in the affinity forum and got an answer back :thumb3:
Hugz Bill

Offline LaDonna

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »
 :praise26:  You all are making some great observations!

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!