Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Installing the Extra stuff in Affinity Designer  (Read 1111 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Installing the Extra stuff in Affinity Designer
« on: November 17, 2016, 05:06:45 PM »
On the extra packets, they are easy to install.  Just unzip them somewhere where you can find them, then import them in the program.  If you open the files, you'll see that you have mostly brushes, some assets and some adesign files so you can see how things were made.

Lets look at just one of the downloads, the daub-essentials.zip.

1. Unzip the .zip file.   
    This will result in two more folders.  _MACOSX  and daub-essentials.
    The first folder is for the MAC so you can ignore that.

2.  To install, open AD, go to the Brushes tab and select Import Brushes.  Navigate to the brushes and double-click on the daub-essentials folder.

3.  Hold down the Shift key to select all of the brushes an click OK.  That's it!

In the DAUB files, there is one that says Paper Assets. Import that into your Assets panel.  There are also some that have .adesign files. These are files that were created in AD.  You can put them wherever you want. They are for information.

NOTE:  If you have assets already in your asset panel and you want to keep them, export them from the beta, then import them in the new version.

Hope this helps!!

Offline Grethe

Re: Installing the Extra stuff in Affinity Designer
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 06:10:14 AM »
Thank you for making a short and right forward info about installing!  :thanks06:

BTW Those daub paper are awesome! :chickdance:

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 12:21:13 PM »
You're welcome, Grethe!!  I saw where several people had questions about installing them so I threw this together so everyone could get started.  :praise53:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 12:36:31 PM »
Thanks for the clear instructions MaryLou.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »
You are most welcome, Shez!   When I first opened up the zip files, I thought... what do I do with all this stuff?   I looked at the file type and then the brain turned on.  It said Import! :praise53:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 07:57:03 AM »
I'me re-reading as I've just purchased and installed Affinity and about to start installilng the freebies. Thanks again.  :chickdance:

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 12:10:24 PM »
Wonderful, Shez!!  Does that mean you're going to hang around here for a while.. and not disappear?  :grouphugg:   Hope so!!!!

Offline SherylC

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »
Sorry...just saw this MaryLou. Not all New replies are coming up when I click on Show New Replies to Posts.  I put a tick in the Notifications (Account Settings) and got stacks of emails! lol
Oh yes I intend sticking around...well unless something untoward happens! lol  I've missed it here. :)

I liked DrawPlus but not enough to put a lot of time into it...if you know what I mean. I was also irked with Serif pullilng the plug only a few weeks after I paid top dollar for it. I installed the AD Beta version but then when to use it one day and it had expired. No idea that I could download the update and didn't occur to me to question it. I have so many other editors to use they kind of took precedence. I am very impressed with AD though and apart from a few niggles one of which is a big bug as far as I am concerned is the lack of flexibility with Shadows, I really think it's a nice piece of software.   

Offline Linda R

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »
Hi, I didn't see any extra stuff when I purchased AD.  Do I have to look for it or is it included in the new version?  The only thing I got was a grade UI  kit.
 :thanks06:

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »
Linda, there is a link to it in the email they sent you when you purchased the product.   Go check it out. :cancan:

Offline Linda R

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 09:51:42 PM »
Hi MaryLou!  I did go back and look at all the e-mails and I logged into my Affiniity account.  The only download was for the UI kit.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 08:42:41 AM »
I contacted Affinity and ask about the free content.  Here is the reply I received.  :Hi Linda,

There were additional freebies when we launched the app as part of a launch promotion, however they are no longer included or available, sorry."

No wonder I couldn't find it!!  Lol

Offline Lynn

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 08:48:54 AM »
Linda, be sure and check the "Resources" forum on the Affinity website. There are many brushes and styles that can be downloaded and installed in AD. Most of these are free, although there are some you have to pay for.

Offline Linda R

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
 :thanks05: Lynn!  I will check that out!  :thumb3:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!