Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Affinity Designer Brushes  (Read 421 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Affinity Designer Brushes
« on: November 18, 2016, 12:44:32 pm »
If you purchased the commercial version of Affinity Designer, you also got a number of brushes along with it. They were separate downloads.  Those same brushes can also be used in Affinity Photo!!  I have already imported all of them into my AP and they work just fine!!

Here's how I did it.  I created a temporary folder, went into Designer and exported all the new brushes to that folder.  Only takes a few minutes.  Then I imported them into AP from that folder.  That was a lot easier than all the unzipping and such.

So, if you like brushes, you have a whole bunch of new ones that you can use!!  I love how things are compatible from one program to the next in the Affinity series!!

Offline SherylC

Re: Affinity Designer Brushes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 04:38:26 am »
This is a very handy tip MaryLou, thanks.

I wasn't able to get any of them imported from the temp folder. Had more success importing the DAUB Brushes (other freebies wouldn't import) by pointing to the folder where I originally downloaded them to.

Not sure why whenever I create a New Category the imported stuff bypasses it and goes into the main list, so hard to tell which ones are default and which have been imported.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)