Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: beginners video  (Read 460 times)

Offline JoyTopic starter

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
beginners video
« on: November 27, 2016, 11:34:47 PM »
man and dog

inpainting brush tool 

does not have a transparent spot but a rosette spot
which paints over image but doesnt eliminate...

swan..paintbrush not round spot....
how to take swan out .....

cant hear
need a tutorial

paint brush doesnt have round spot ....

its a funny thing, but i dont remember becoming absent-minded

Offline Bill

Re: beginners video
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 07:58:50 AM »
Joy, I am sorry you can not hear the tuts, but as of yet there is no written tutorials. for now they are are all in video and sound tuts. For now if you can just watch the videos and only do what you think you can do, I will work with you,  :thumb3:
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:26:47 PM »
I am starting to see that written tutorials may be a thing of the past.  10 years ago, everyone had an HTML page. Those have gone by the wayside in favor of FaceBook and other social media.   Tutorials were everywhere!  We must have had at least 30 people writing tuts for PI.  There were no video tutorials.

Now, things are changing again.  It's so much easier to do video.  No coding, no web pages.  Just record while doing it, upload to Facebook, and you're done.  I'm sure that's going to be the way of the future.   That being said, I cannot do video tuts - my speaking voice is not good and I have breathing problems so not sure what I will do. 

The other thing is, in the past, companies didn't provide a treasure trove of video tuts like they do now.  I think we individual tutorial writers are also becoming a thing of the past - sadly.

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:42:55 AM »
Yes MaryLou, I agree with you 100%. Videos are the in thing, as I see it, but there is one draw back,, the people with a hearing problem, it would be hard to make a written tut from what all they show and say in a video, to a written tut. An other thing the way programs are made today, is hard to match one program to an other. they are so much differences, that there is no comparison of programs from one to an other, as I see it
Hugz Bill

Offline JoyTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 11:41:39 PM »
so how do i know how to use the tools in the video...............................

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 02:55:10 PM »
Joy, he points to each tool as he uses it so maybe you can follow it that way.

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 09:21:30 AM »
Joy here you go.. there is a CC button to click on to see the words of the video as he talks hope this helps you
Click  were I have the CC circled in yellow to see words,

[attachment deleted by admin]
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 01:17:26 PM »
Wow!  I  never noticed that button before, Bill.  Thanks!!!  It will save me a lot of stop and start if I can READ what he's saying!  GREAT find!!!! :praise68:

Offline JoyTopic starter

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 01:17:06 AM »
thanke did done

Offline Majse

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 09:56:24 AM »
Thanks for the tip - I can really use it  :xmas74:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!