Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Affinity Photo Question  (Read 281 times)

Offline BillTopic starter

Affinity Photo Question
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:38:14 AM »
Hello all, I have a question for all of you using Affinity Photo;
Can you all tell me what you want to really learn from using Affinity Photo?
Samples;
Save a file,  Crop a file, Remove items from a photo, Make photo more clear, Make photo Lighter or darker, Photo restoration,
Doing this will give me a better idea of what kind of tuts to put up. Also remember  we all need to learn the tools and what they do or can do.
Thank you all, all of you are doing a great job so far.
I am open to questions for and about Affinity Photo, I will do my best to help all of you
So lets all have fun.
Bill  :chickdance: :thanks06:
Hugz Bill

Offline Teejay

Re: Affinity Photo Question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
hi bill
i just want to learn the tools so any and all your tutorials will be of interest to me.
i dont take a good snap so my use of Affinity photo will be a little different to most but i am enjoying learning
you are doing a grand job.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:55:46 PM »
 :thanks06:,, And yes this is what it is all about , learning the tools and what they can do and what you can do with them and use them for. All photos are different so all in all things work a little different when we use the tools. We all use the tools a little different and that is what makes it fun. There is so much to learn here using AP, and so easy once we learn all about the tools . :chickdance:
Hugz Bill

Offline Nicky

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
Bill go for it. I want to learn all the program can do. In fact today I started restoring a 70 year old photo.... just with what I learned last week. It will take time but I am enjoying it. Befor with PSP you could use the remove scrath tool ,,.... but AP is much easier and better result. All that you mentionned suit me fine

Online MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »
Bill, I too am more concerned with learning the program basics rather than how to do the fancy things.  As we become more familiar with the program, we can get into the goodies.  I would suggest following their 93 tuts as that will take us through just about every aspect.  Of course, a challenge tossed in now and then is always good too. 

Once we learn how to use the tools, we should then be ready to use them to work on our own photos.   The Show and Tell forum is also available for those who are more experienced and just can't wait.  That's just my thoughts. :dancegirl: :dancegirl:

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 04:22:52 PM »
 :thanks06:, Nicky and MaryLou,
Yes we need to learn tools first so we all know how to use them and were to use them ,in the tuts there are sometimes 2 to 3 tuts for using a particular tool, like  beginner , more advanced and , very advanced users.
In posting this post I am just trying to get all inputs, this will make it easier on posting tuts and etc, But on any tut if one does not understand I am always here to help , so just ask,  :pony:
Hugz Bill

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 04:31:31 PM »
 :praise64:,, Nicky,
If you want to show your work just put it in the Show and Tell, would love to see the before and after work you do, I also seeing your work I may be able to help you. As you use AP you will see it a lot more friendlier than other programs and faster  and easier to use,
I am glad you are trying to use other things with AP,  :thumb3: :thanks06: :thanks06:

Nicky, remember when working on a photo and you save it , always save it as a Affinity File, doing this keeps all your work together, so you can open it and work on it from were you left off, Affinity Files is like the old PI .ufo file or the pspimage file as in PSP , Once you get all you editing done to a photo or image, save the finale work as a affinity file and then export it to a .png or .jpeg file, hope you understand what I am saying here  :thumb3:
Hugz Bill

Online MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2016, 08:10:41 PM »
Bill, sometimes, when there are two together that are really simple, you could just post both of them at the same time as two different projects though.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 08:48:22 PM »
Thanks Bill. Make sence to me. I work on it for a while and save it, so ready for further work when convenient.  Will have to resize as the original is huge....will post when ready.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!