Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: New Version Avaiable for Affinity Designer 1.5.1 12/6/16 (NOT BETA)  (Read 736 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

i got a download available for a new version of our bought program...

here is the page the link took me to .HERE

Offline Lynn

Re: New Version Avaiable for Affinity Designer 1.5.1 12/6/16 (NOT BETA)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 06:10:07 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Teejay. I have installed the new version with no problems.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 07:24:02 AM »
Thanks Teejay.  :praise19:  I am installing the update now. Then I need to re-install all my extras.  Oh actually no need to reinstall...they are still there.  :praise62:

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 07:30:37 AM »
 :thumb3: :thumb3: Teejay, thanks got it and installed :thumb3: :thumb3:
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 12:22:49 PM »
This must be a result of all the beta testing!  I got the message as soon as I opened the program this morning. Have it downloaded but not installed yet. That's next.

There should be no need to re-install your extras and such because it won't overwrite your existing files.  That would be terrible if they did but not to worry!   :xmas72:

As I posted elsewhere, I'm not going to download the betas for AD, we'll get the end results with these updates. I want to play...  we've done our share of testing.  :xmas70:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 02:43:10 PM »
D/led and installed mine earlier this morning.   All is well.....my assets , brushes, etc. are still in place and things are working Ok.  I did have one little glitch as I was working on a kinda large image and had made multiple changes and do-overs.  This newest version just  froze in place.....didn't shut down.... but I did have to do a 3 finger salute to get out of it.  However, as soon as I re-opened it asked me if I wished to recover the previous image .....I did....and was then able to save and go on with my work.  I did not get excited because this happens every now and then in almost every program I have ever used.....except some of them do not ask if you wish to recover the image.   All in all I am still loving this AD for Windows.  I have the beta version and may look at it from time to time and update occasionally, but right now my focus is waning on the beta versions.  I probably/maybe will buy the Affinity Photo, but I am less enthused about it so I don't think I will need or use it as much.  For those times I do, I will continue to pull out one of my PSP versions probably.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)