Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Help - Borders  (Read 204 times)

Offline LaDonnaTopic starter

Help - Borders
« on: December 09, 2016, 06:52:52 AM »
Bill, I don't want you to think I haven't been active because of lack of interest. Had some medical issues (T.I.A., aka "mini stroke", although cardiologist says it's not really a stroke. Lots of doctor visits, and tests, but everything is going well.)

Well, everything is going well except for the "Borders" assignment.
All goes well until I need to move the mask layer down and combine it with the pixel layer.
I have the snapping on, click on the rectangle, and move it slightly to the right and down. It will not nest for me. Have tried doing this endless numbers of times. I can move it below the pixel area, but alas, that's it.
I could send a screen shot if you like. Any suggestions?  :thanks02:

Offline Bill

Re: Help - Borders
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 07:04:45 AM »
LaDonna, when you move the the mask just grab it move down and to the right of the icon that is in the layer it should work fine then, let me know yes send me a pic of the layer panel so I can see what all you have going on

Sorry to hear you been down , just take your time I understand about health issues, get well and god bless you
Hugz Bill

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 07:12:35 AM »
 :pullhair: Thanks Bill - I finally got it. I was doing it "almost" correctly, but never imagined one had to be so specific. I wasn't dragging it into the pixel icon. Frustrating, and to think I spent hours (well, it seemed like hours lol ) for such a simple thing!
 :thanks02:  :thanks02:  :thanks02:

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 07:15:32 AM »
 :xmas70: :xmas72: :xmas53: :praise24:, glad you got, LaDonna just give  a holler if you need help ,, get well :thumb3: :thumb3:
Hugz Bill

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 01:29:34 PM »
 :thanks02: Bill for your kind words and your help.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:29:50 PM »
glad youre up and about...tia's are worrying
love
its a funny thing, but i dont remember becoming absent-minded

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 01:29:02 AM »
i love you ladonna be gentle on yourself.  there is only one of you...

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 05:21:36 AM »
 :thanks02: joy.

Teejay - "Ditto" - (Quote from the movie Ghost - have you seen the movie?)

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 05:33:01 AM »
i have seen that movie to the point of him dying and that was me done for a week of sobbing i dont know how it ends and i dont want to
he died and i cant stand it
i want to throttle who ever came up with making that movie i cried so much ..
erm .... what were you saying ......lol

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 08:38:24 PM »
Teejay, what a tender sensitive nature you have. For me it was the movie Doctor Zhivago that really got to me. I still can't accept the ending - so heart breaking. Now I will have to work on our next AP project to get my mind off the movie - it haunts me every time I think of it.   :sadcry:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 05:13:53 AM »
lets go throttle the authors and give em whats for for making us cry.

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 07:25:41 PM »
Or at least send them a bill for all the tissues we've used up while mopping up the tears.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »
I loved both Ghost and Dr. Zhivago - but the one that really got me was an oldie - Love Story with Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal. I'm not a "cryer" but that one made my pupils damp.   :xmas77:

What I didn't like about Ghost Story was the violence at the end part but it seems that's how our society has become. If there's not sex, violence, of vulgarity in it, people don't want to go see it.   The world has certainly changed since the 70's.  Overall, my favorite movie was Gone With The Wind.  And to think, Clark Gable had the audacity to say the word darn!  That wasn't in the script, he threw that in himself because he said that's what a MAN would say. 

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!