Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Making Vector Image Brushes.  (Read 539 times)

Offline SanTopic starter

Making Vector Image Brushes.
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:08:56 PM »

If you would like to use the gold bead below save it to your computer. You can use any of your png files to make Vector Image brushes then just work out your settings.

Below is the settings for the beaded brush.

1. Click on the brush Tab then go to the right hand corner click on Create a New Category.

2. Then click on the options again Click on New Texture image brush a dialog box will open so go to where you have saved your PNG. Highlight and click open.

3. You will then see your new brush in your brush folder it will not look like the image so then double click or right click on the brush to edit.

4. To get the Bead brush use the same settings as below  then watch your brush change to what you want.

5. Using  your brush  with the colours of your png image you made your vector brush with leave the fill in the colour palette empty and your vector image brush will be as you made it... Thanks Teejay.

6. Using the brush you can change it to  any colour, gradient or Bitmap.

7. Just select the textured brush option for the stroke, then your brush will apply to the vector like in the heart below.  Cool!!!

Offline MaryLou

Re: Making Vector Image Brushes.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 01:33:11 PM »
 :wow2:  That's an awesome brush, San!! It works like a charm.  That was so simple!!!  This will make a great tutorial!!  Love it!!!  Brilliant!!!

Offline Bill

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 01:54:44 PM »
 :praise10: MaryLou,,
How do you get your gold color in to the brush, so the beads are a gold color of your gold ball
Hugz Bill

Offline SanTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 01:58:14 PM »
Bill you just change the colours when you use the brush.

Glad you like it MayLou.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »
awesome and awesome-er  your brush is most excellent and your instructions so easy
i thankyou for this san i really do.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 02:03:35 PM »
San, that does bring up a question.  How can I create a brush and maintain the colors?  For example, I want to make a brush from my poinsettia which is red with green leaves.  When I use it, it's either gray or all one color.  I would like multi-colors in my brush.  Have you found a way to do that?

Offline SanTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 02:11:35 PM »
No I do not think you can  even the brushes that come with the program do brush out  in the colour that is showing.  I think you can do it in Pixel persona I will have to have a go at those brushes next and see if you can. 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 02:12:02 PM »
just leave the fill in the colour palette empty and your image brush will be as you made it...

honest san try it it works ... null out the fill in the colour panel....   what a team....  :thumb3:

Offline SanTopic starter

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 02:16:42 PM »
Hey you are brilliant  your brain works. We do make a great team I will put that on the first post so we do not loose it.

Offline Bill

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 02:55:21 PM »
 :wow2: :wow2: :wow2: :praise10:, by making the colors null on stroke and fill the colors from the brushs are what they are in the brushes, so the beads are gold,,, thank you :xmas70: :xmas72: :xmas53: :xmas74: :thumb3: :thanks02:
Hugz Bill

Offline Lynn

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
 :thanks02: for this great snapshot on how to make a vector brush in AD, San!

Much appreciated!  :xmas53: :xmas53:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2016, 08:27:58 PM »
Ahhh..... .this is just tooo cool!!!!   Definitely team work going here!!  I ask the question, San gives an answer, so I ask another related question, Teejay gives us the answer so now, we can create awesome brushes in AD and use them in color or otherwise!!  Doesn't get much better than that!!  Here is an example of what I tried:

San, can you add this to your original post?  How to use a brush that was created with colors?

Offline SanTopic starter

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2016, 09:01:56 PM »
MaryLou I did that as soon I Teejay came up with the answer so I would not forget it.

Ad is getting better and better as we learn things that we can do. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 10:40:54 AM »
Yes, it most definitely IS!!  Actually, everything is there, we just haven't learned to use it yet!   That's why I"m holding back on writing tutorials - we need to learn a bit more so when we do write them,  they'll be really great!!

Thanks for adding that!    I could play with that for hours!!  :xmas74: :xmas74:

Offline Lin

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2016, 11:05:16 AM »
I couldn't get it to work, I am probably doing something wrong, but don't know what :( 

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!