Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Resizing the Canvas  (Read 203 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Resizing the Canvas
« on: December 12, 2016, 03:32:54 PM »
I finally found time today to finish the first part of the assignment on resizing  and borders.  I'm not so sure I like the resizing part.  It doesn't actually resize, it crops!  When I think of resizing an image, I am thinking to resize the entire image.  In Photo, that feature crops the image (which can be nice) but somehow, to me, that is not resizing.

I played with it for quite a while trying out the resizing by selecting different areas on that little square with the boxes on it and got some good results, but again, I call that cropping since it eliminated part of my image. Did anyone else notice this?

Offline Bill

Re: Resizing the Canvas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 03:35:26 PM »
I have had no problems doing a resize of the document, but on the canvas yes
Hugz Bill

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Resizing the Canvas
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 04:35:46 PM »
Same here, Bill - resizing the document made perfect sense but resizing the canvas did not. The reason it didn't make sense is because it didn't actually resize the canvas, it cropped it.  There's a big difference in resizing an image and in cropping it.

I was surprised when I resized my photo and the top part of it disappeared. Yes, I know it's non-destructive but to me, that was a crop, not a resize.  I hope they change that - it's really not good.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!