Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Affinity Photo Installation ~ Lynn  (Read 446 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Affinity Photo Installation ~ Lynn
« on: December 14, 2016, 11:38:29 am »
After I purchased and downloaded AP for Windows last week, I encountered a problem trying to paste the Product Key from the clipboard. It failed every time and in the same way, with a black dot and some blank spaces at the start. I e-mailed Serif Orders but did not receive a reply, so this week I e-mailed Affinity@Serif.com, including a screen capture of the messed-up Key paste. I received a response today suggesting I copy and paste the Key into Notepad, then paste using the paste from the clipboard icon. I pasted into Notepad and got a black dot followed by about ten blank spaces and the the Key. I copied only the Key and pasted using the paste from the clipboard icon. This time it worked and AP successfully installed. Whew!

I don't know where the black dot and blank spaces were coming from, but they were definitely attached to my Product Key.

I also got an e-mail from Serif Orders today, apologizing for being so late in responding to me. They had no idea what was wrong, so I sent them an explanation of how the problem was resolved and included a copy of the screen capture of the black dot and spaces.

Offline Bill

Re: Affinity Photo Installation ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:03:37 pm »
 :praise46:
Good glad you got it all going your way. I have no idea what went wrong, I am like you whew all those black dots,,   :xmas00: :xmas53:
Hugz Bill

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)