Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Not responding  (Read 611 times)

Offline ShirleyTopic starter

Not responding
« on: January 09, 2017, 11:44:58 PM »
I am getting mad with AD not responding all the time. Not easy.

Offline Teejay

Re: Not responding
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 01:11:04 AM »
Dont get mad get even....

Try and remember what you were doing when ad had a hissy fit.
And tell us here. We may be able to help.
Sometimes when ad is busy doing something... maybe  with text or say....adding lots of colour to a gradient....ad will take longer than i think it should...if i click and click again a few times...ad throws its hands in the air and i get the ..ad is not responding.

So when it happens next time try and let us know what you were doing.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:32:50 AM »
I was selecting my bamboo sticks  well trying too.  I have just downloaded new version as prompted so hope that is the right thing to do and maybe it will help.  Who knows

SueHonstain

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 03:47:15 AM »
New version of AD Shirley????

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 04:00:33 AM »
sue when you launch AD it will give you the version number  ..mine is up to date as far as i know and mine says 1.5.1.43

if you miss the splash screen
go to Help/About...

Offline SherylC

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 04:26:05 AM »
Sorry to hear you are having problems Shirley...it's a bummer when you buy a programme and then problems occur. Had this issue with PSP using Windows 8 a few years back...pita!.

The latest version is 1.5.1.43. Funny but AD has frozen a couple of times midway of doing something then after a few seconds it unfreezes and I can carry on.  However, I think there are problems with the MS Anniversary update causing freeze issues for some users and think it may be down to that.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline Lin

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:34:00 AM »
ahhh.. I've been having freezing issues on my whole computer, but especially psp and ad... ever since I had my computer worked on. I don't usually update but I will almost bet the guy that fixed it updated it, I'd never had any problems before that.  Any suggestions on how to fix it??

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 09:33:40 AM »
oh flip no i dont
the thing is i have had freeze ups from the word go..my ad takes 3 minutes  to load from splash screen to new document choice. it has always been slow. and it has always froze .
it is usually when it is doing an action and i am inpatient and clicky clickerty click click
but sometimes it freezes  for no reason i can fathom.   sorry i am useless at this side of things.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »
Lin, it may have something to do with the Microsoft Windows Update. Microsoft have been rolling out the Anniversary Update since August (got mine last a couple weeks ago) and some people are having terrible issues after MS brought out a follow up update. Some of the issues are Freeze and Log in issues.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »
For the last couple of weeks on opening A D I have had a box come up to say there is an update and I  have ignored it.  But because I was having issues last couple of days. I decided to do as they ask this time.  what I have now is 1.5.1.43. I deleted the old desktop icon for the new one. I looked into my installed programs and only one, this new download is visable there no others. . . . but the beta is there will I uninstall it and free up some space.  I had a quick go before bed last night and the tool was co-operating, so hope I have fixed it.  I haven't had windows 10 update info yet.  But I have had a message for driver updates but  that is a paying thing and I don't think we pay for our drivers,_ do we? I have not taken it further.   Thanks folks

SueHonstain

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »
Shirley:  That is the version you want to have -- no more BETA's for us! :stars:

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2017, 03:39:19 PM »
Thanks Sue I shall delete it.  Still am having trouble not responding though.  I think it is maybe me just trying to find my way. I am trying to get some brush work on my bamboo for my own interest, but I am not having any joy.  Nothing is happening is there a lesson on that somewhere or can someone give me a little guidance. with some diagram.  I have tried in the vectors and the pixel persona Ta muchly. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »
Shirley, when is the last time you did any maintenance on your computer?  It helps a LOT to keep old files cleaned up and clean the registry as well. 

I have not had a single lockup with AD since it has been released.  It IS very slow loading but once it's up, it works as it should. 

You should definitely not be using a beta - they are supposed to stop working after 30 days.

I'm not sure what question you're asking so I'm going to see if someone else does.  :star:

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2017, 07:08:14 PM »
My start up is slow too. Mary Lou.  I am not using beta. I just mentioned that it was still installed and I will I uninstall  it? I will pronto. :thumb3: :animal04: maybe I should have a good clean out, but where to start phew, I never really know what to take and what to leave. maybe I should get the man in, but he likes money.  You know I used to have a very good friend who was a wiz on the computer and she was my guiding light, and a few months ago she just didn't wake up. This is probably why I am being such a   :sheep :pain. Lots of sheep in NZ lol.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 07:11:59 PM »
Shirley, it's not that hard to do yourself.  Just look through the files on your computer and delete what you don't want.. things that you have downloaded.  That will clear up some hard drive space.  The other thing you can do is download  Ccleaner Free utility program and run it.  It will find all the left over files from other programs you've installed and deleted and clean them out and will clean your registry to make everything run like new. 

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!