Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Not responding  (Read 507 times)

Offline ShirleyTopic starter

Re: Not responding
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »
Thanks Mary Lou,  I had that CCleaner on my last laptop  but I  thought  we had to  pay now  thanks for putting  me  back on to it.  It is doing  a clean  now. That should  tidy  things  up.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 08:31:21 PM »
That is one of the best little freebies around.  I use it to keep my computer clean and the free version of AVG to keep it virus safe.

Offline Lin

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »
I need to do that also.. I'm not having any problems with AD freezing, just everything else.. lol PSP X7 is great for freezing up on me now, thank goodness it starts again after a few minutes.. I've got tons of space left on this computer though, it's got a huge memory.  but I do need to clean some stuff out.  all the downloads from PSP and things like that I save though.  Just in case.. lol  save the plugin downloads too, and I have tons.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 12:04:26 AM »
Lin, how much memory do you have?  The more you have , the fewer hangup's you'll have.  I have 8gb on mine which is more than enough.  I had 16gb on my last one which was really overkill.  It's the disk drive that can slow you down if you don't clean up your system now and then. I only do mine about every other month or so and it always runs nicely.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 01:38:40 AM »
wheres my ccleaner back in a tic.

shirley  do you want 'how to use the brushes in AD tut'

did i give you the link to the envato  tutorials we did these when we all started out with the beta .You have to join but it is free we all joined ...
in these short videos i am almost positive she runs through the pixel and vector brushes.   

you will find the sit here Click Me

if this doesnt answer your questions
tell me what you are trying to do
tell me how you are doing it   (choose which brush  and what colours you have in the colour panel etc.)
and what  you get when you do it.

i will do what you do and see if i can help ...ok  :thumbs2: :thumb3:

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 02:24:35 AM »
Guess what, the wee guy in my laptop couldn't find that page.  I floundered on and managed the brushes today thanks TJ.  I will see how I go looking on utube.  I think I signed up at the time. I need  to give this A D a spell and get on to my last module of the BW. - I guess 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 03:06:47 AM »
yes they will be coming for me ..they will think i kidnapped you.

you know where to get me though ... and AD is a good tonic if you get bogged down.

glad you got yuor brushes sorted well done for that

here is the full link for envato  see if you can get it here https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/courses/affinity-designer-quick-start?ec_promo=lesson_as_tutorial

these are well worth it when you have time.

Offline Lin

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »
MaryLou, I have 16 gigs memory if you mean RAM??   

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »
My start up is slow too. Mary Lou.  I am not using beta. I just mentioned that it was still installed and I will I uninstall  it? I will pronto. :thumb3: :animal04: maybe I should have a good clean out, but where to start phew, I never really know what to take and what to leave. maybe I should get the man in, but he likes money.  You know I used to have a very good friend who was a wiz on the computer and she was my guiding light, and a few months ago she just didn't wake up. This is probably why I am being such a   :sheep :pain. Lots of sheep in NZ lol.

So you have your purchased AD program that you are using then Shirley?

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »
Thanks TJ, that's an idea if I play hookey they might come and get you hadn't thought of that. Ta for the link. :animal04:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »
Lin, you shouldn't have any lockup problems with that much memory.  You have more than enough.

Offline Grethe

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 02:43:12 PM »
ML, Norton tells me CCleaner is not safe.... :pointy:.

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 04:20:21 PM »
That's because they want you to use their product!

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
Grethe, I wouldn't use Norton on my computer even if they paid me to.  At one time, it was the best one could by. That's when Peter Norton was in charge and it was his baby.  I really admired him a lot.  I built my first computer back in the 80's after I read his book on how to do it.  His software won MANY awards.  He sold it in 1990 and from there on, in my opinion, it went down hill. I've installed it on a number of computers but always end up removing it because it constantly pops up error messages for things that are not errors, etc.  It would block me from going to various web sites that I knew were okay but Norton AntiVirus didn't like it.  It gave me a headache!  I have used AVG for years now and it's rare that I have a problem and when I do, it's usually one of my own making.  :dancegirl:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »
I use free A vast and have never had any issues with it either :thumb3:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!