Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Not responding  (Read 504 times)

Offline Grethe

Re: Not responding
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2017, 01:14:00 AM »
So, Norton isn't what it once was! Now I've just paid for one more year. And I'll keep in mind other A/V can be an option! I haven't had much problems, only on one filter, Redfield, but that is solved now. They listen when I said it was safe to download, so now problems there any more.
But as I say, I will consider to get AVG

Offline SherylC

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 02:50:57 AM »
I wouldn't use Norton if it was dipped in Gold......no way. Had a few sharp lessons using it on a previous computer.  My broadband supplier protects my pc using MacAfee...I pay an additional 2 per month for this service. I use CCleaner to clean up my pc but I do not allow it to make changes to my registry. I am very dubious about doing that.  Last Feb I had to have Windows reinstalled due to being stuck in a loop midway of doing a System restore and couldn't go forward nor back.  I feel sure this was due to having cleaned up the registry.  Now, I feel too nervous to do a system restore ever again!.

I get so annoyed about this as I feel we should be able to clean and protect our computers as much as possible in a safe way but that is not always the case. This then makes it really difficult to know what to do.  All this "protect and clean up" software claim to clean up and protect your computer but don't really know what changes they are making until in some cases, the damage has been done.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 03:22:36 AM »
on start up, soooooooo slow, was told to hit control and two mouse clicks, but noooooooooooooooooooo
and constantly freezing, not responding etc..
its a funny thing, but i dont remember becoming absent-minded

Offline Grethe

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 04:46:37 AM »
I see I have to do something, none of you like my Norton.... :no-no:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 05:14:05 AM »
ERM.... i have norton and dont have a problem . i scan new dowloads with it ..i dont let it clean i do that with ccleaner it doesnt have a hissy fit over much these days ..i used to use it with a safe for all my logins but i use safe pass now cos fire fox and norton fell out and the Norton safe thing no longer works with FF. but thats it
i often wondered about the AVG though i am due to purchace in ,.. 54 days  i should have a look at my options really..

Offline ShirleyTopic starter

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 10:51:07 AM »
I have been using  ESET NOD32, a paying one for 3 years now.  Technicions verified it as being one of the best.  I used AVG for years (free), I have also used the Microsoft free. :animal04:

Offline Majse

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »
I use Bullguard (Grethe it is in Danish - maybe other languages too)

I have used Bullguard for 3-4 years and I never have had any problems. Fingers crossed and hope to di...

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2017, 11:20:15 AM »
I have used the free version of AVG for many years.  I did buy it one time because I felt guilty for using it all the time and never paying a penny.  But, when the next year rolled around, I went back to the free version.  It has NEVER let a virus hit my computer so I can't complain about that.

When it comes to Ccleaner, that's another one I would not be without. It keeps my registry nice and clean which helps to keep my computer working nice and fast. 

Sometimes, people use too many different cleaners and protectors and they work against one another.   When I find a good product that does the job, I stick with it.  Programs I cannot live without are AVG, Ccleaner and TreePad.  Oh, and one more, ColorCop.  And, all of them are free.  :dancegirl: :dancegirl:

Offline San

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »
I am like you MaryLou I would never have Norton it blocks too much but it comes so many times with new computers and where I volunteer we  have too many students that have so much problems with it.
AVG and Avast are the best two

Offline Teejay

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »
i have 54 days left with norton i am considering avg...

Offline Nicky

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 04:36:42 PM »
Would not have Norton for the world. I use CCleaner and Avast free, and no virus....

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
Me too Nicky :stars:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2017, 01:13:34 PM »
San, you are right, Norton came with my new computer and that was the first thing I quickly removed!  It looks like I"m not alone in my dislike of Norton.  It was so disappointing when the program started going down-hill because back in the early days, Peter Norton and Bill Gates were my idols!!  Bill Gates still is but..  Norton's good name went downhill when he sold his "baby". :stars:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
I remember when I bought a new PC it came with McAfee virus program. I soon got rid of that and went to a free virus program. Now I have Avast Free.   :stars:

Offline Lin

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2017, 08:06:56 AM »
My computer came with McAfee and I've had no problem with it at all.. it does frustrate me when it says that a download may be dangerous, but it doesn't do that often so I tend to believe it.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!