Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Making an old photo...Grethe  (Read 301 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

Making an old photo...Grethe
« on: February 12, 2017, 07:27:03 AM »
Ap013 at the start untill the last step. Used the black rectangle and transparency/elliptical and then opacity 75%. Gives a better vignett?

Offline Lynn

Re: Making an old photo...Grethe
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
It gives a lovely highlight to the couple, Grethe!

:praise74: :praise65: :wtg:

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »
Thank you, Lynn!  :thanks06:
The more you learn, easier to experiment!  :star:

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »
 :praise14: :praise63:, very well done, Grethe, love what you did here, thank you for explaining how you did this. there is all kinds of ways to make a vignette  photo. you did a great job :thumb3: :thumb3:
Hugz Bill

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:16:06 PM »
Thank you, Bill!  :thanks06:

Offline Bill

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 12:31:04 PM »
Question Grethe,  what would you like to learn using affinity photo, you seem to very nice work using AP
Hugz Bill

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 02:03:23 PM »
Thank you, Bill! I like the way you find project for us, the challenges are good, the progress is like it should be...at least for me. If it is possible, I would like to learn more about using RAW, but I've a feeling few are using the RAW-format from their cameras. So I guess I've to try more for myself.

Another thing I would like, is how to add filters, I have a *few*  :laugh2: , and I guess others would like that too.

It is all up to you, Bill!  :painter: :yes01:

Offline Bill

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
Grethe,   Yes on raw,, what is the name and model of your camera this will help me. There is quite a few filters in AP also there is the live filters,,, which filters do you have and would like to see used?  this will help me tell which can be used.
Hugz Bill

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 12:46:39 AM »
Hi Bill. I have Canon EOS 600D. I have already open RAW-files in AP and messing around. Guess that is the best way for now.

Filters, most of all i want Redfields filters. I could try myself, but I don't know WHERE to put them to show up in Ap.
Perhaps you could make a sticked post about filters?

Offline Bill

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 05:36:52 AM »
Grethe: 
Which of the redfields filters do you have are they free or do you pay for them, ?
Some photoshop filters and some do not, but here is what to do; put your filters in a folder were you know they are at. then open Affinity Photo click on Edit slide down to Preferences click it then click on Photoshop Plugins, the click on Add the go to your filters folder and put them in then close out that window  if a window pops up asking yes or no click Yes , what that does is restart AP , Then go to top of AP click on Filters and you should see those filters if you do not see them , then they will not work,  also when you click preference and then photoshop filters look to the bottom of that window and put a check in the box lower left corner, it says; Allow unknown plugins to work.
hope this helps you
Hugz Bill

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 06:28:44 AM »
Didn't work, so I have to keep PSP....at least for now

Offline Bill

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 06:43:19 AM »
Grethe;
Affinity is working to get all filters to work in AD  and AP  we just have to wait to use them in AD and AP
Hugz Bill

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »
Be patient in other words! YES, YES, YES!  :laugh2: :wideeye:

Offline Bill

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
Grethe;
 some filters do work all you can do is install them as outlined above  and make  sure the lower left box is checked  for allow unknown plugins to work. for some do work , I have some in mine
 here is a list from Affinity that work on a few so take a look at the list;
list of filters that may work;
http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/win/
Hugz Bill

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!