Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Posted Image Doesn't Show ~ Lynn  (Read 237 times)

Offline LynnTopic starter

Posted Image Doesn't Show ~ Lynn
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:55:41 PM »
I have been trying to post a new image in Show and Tell, but when I try, it doesn't show. It is not a large file, so I don't think file size is the problem. To make sure the image was available from my website, I brought it up directly from the website on Firefox. No problem there.

Any idea why I can't post it here?

Online Nicky

Re: Posted Image Doesn't Show ~ Lynn
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:07:21 PM »
What format is it Lynn?

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 08:17:27 PM »
A png.

I decided to change my image somewhat and try again. I added a rectangular background and exported the image with a different name. It shows!

Weird.

Online Nicky

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:00:05 PM »
Glad it worked , similar happened to me also... and did the same changed the name.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:43:08 AM »
we had a spate of that problem at BW  it may be  the png part of the file  is in capitals ( i dont know why but sometimes it is )
i think it was our san that spotted it and said to change the png to lowercase
if it happens again see if it is PNG .... fingers crossed cos its easily fixed if it is.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 05:53:54 AM »
Nope. It was lower case as usual (except on the occasions when I post an image directly from the Snipping Tool, in which case it will be a JPG not a jpg).

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 07:11:02 AM »
how weird that pirc didnt accept it. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »
Sometimes, there is something internal within the image and the browser doesn't recognize it.  When you re-save it, it will usually work.  I've had that happen a time or two myself!

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!