Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Grey User Interface  (Read 1010 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Grey User Interface
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:38:42 PM »
Today, I asked on the Affinity Facebook page when we might expect to see the grey User Interface. 

To my delight, the reply was that it would be in 1.6 which they plan to release before Easter!!  I can't wait!!  I have never liked the black interface so am really anxious to get rid of it!! :yes01: :yes01:

Offline Nicky

Re: Grey User Interface
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:58:30 AM »
 :praise68: :thumb3:

Offline San

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 11:36:51 AM »
 :yes01: :yes01: great news.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »
That's great news MaryLou. I prefer a Grey interface too, it's much kinder on the eyes. 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 01:30:49 PM »
yes yes but but but .....

SueHonstain

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
 :yes01: I'm ready for grey interface also :stars:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 01:36:29 PM »
but but but

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 06:11:34 PM »
but... but....but... what????  What???? What????  :wideeye:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 01:17:14 AM »
The bl+iddy manky MESH TOOL...it isnt fair . Its far more exiting than a boring background. :thud:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 05:17:38 AM »
Teejay, I think they put a lot of notes in a hat and draw what to do next...so, one day YOUR note will come.  :stars: :tulip:

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »
I too would like to see the Mesh tool but right now, I don't want to spend another $50 on another update. That won't be a free one, for sure. They have to keep some things to entice people to buy the next version.  I think the Mesh will be a huge draw. :dancegirl:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2017, 11:45:20 AM »
Yes they have to throw one or two spanners in the works to entice and encourage us to buy, that's business but (and this is where Teejays but but but comes in), they should have included the Mesh tool to start with! lol

SueHonstain

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »
I agree with your comment about the Mesh Tool Sheryl -- It should have been included from the beginning and not charge us for an obvious important part of the package!

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 03:23:38 PM »
In their defense, they were making their first PC version identical to the MAC version so both would have the same tools and such.  Right now, we have exactly what the MAC users have and of course, the same version number.   Had they given us the mesh tool, we would have had to wait much longer to get AD because they would have had to upgrade the MAC version too. 

We have a lot of things that we still haven't learned in this version so I think we have enough to keep us busy for a while.  :stars:

Offline Lin

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2017, 07:59:47 AM »
very true MaryLou... not that I can chime in much at all on the mesh tool, because I've never tried one, and don't have the faintest clue. It does seem we are able to work around the effects, somewhat though.   

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)