Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Stroke Profiles  (Read 612 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Stroke Profiles
« on: March 11, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »
Has anyone figured out how to save the stroke profiles once you create one?  It would seem that if we have the ability to save them, they should be available for any graphics we are working on but that doesn't seem to be the case.  I wonder if that's a bug that was overlooked? :pointy:

Offline San

Re: Stroke Profiles
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 09:50:33 PM »
MaryLou I with you I reckon it is a bug because it saves it for the project you are working on if you save them but once you close down and open a new document its gone.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 12:33:24 AM »
Same here that is what is happening. I also was wondering where are the files like in PSP " my PSP files"

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 03:18:44 AM »
i have been playing and i think i have come up with a work around

those pressure lines we save save only with the document you are working on.. (as we know) so
Iam now saving each pressure line i  like to a category  i made  in the assets
To start me off i made a handful of lines  with different pressure and thicknesses
i then selected them but DONT group them and then chose the 'add from selection' from the assets menu
because they are not grouped you will get each line  saved as an asset 
The good thing about this is you see your line (i made mine red)  rather than the pressure graph.....

when you want one  just drag it onto your work  and then save the profile.....(if you dont save the profile you cant apply it to another line)

Tips
there are a couple of things i noticed ...
when saving to the assets  if you  save your lines in a vertical position you get to see ALL of your line...(a horizontal line and half of the line is missing)

the other thing is  when you have dragged a line from the assets into your workspace  and saved the pressure ...
it saves only the pressure profile Not  the Line width... you will have to increase the width to see the pressure profile

phew ...

Offline Nicky

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 03:52:17 AM »
 :thanks06: :thanks06: Working beautifully.

Saved several . not sure I understand properly the last part re saving the pressure line only not the line width...

when I dragged a pressure line onto the canvas the line width is there and the same as when I saved it.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 04:13:31 AM »
wha.... is it ...that is  really fantastic if the line width saved too mine didnt ..... wait a min...that aint fair
am going back in ..... send a rescue team in for me  if you dont see me in the next hour ...lol

Offline Teejay

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 04:19:20 AM »
Nicky ....sorry about this but ...but..but

i drag a pressure line from my assets
i save the pressure
without touching anything else i chose the pen and draw a line

i click the saved profile .
my line has not had the width applied i must increase the line to see the pressure profile.

when you do this  in this order ... does the width of line get applied with the pressure

nicky ...NICKY ....yo NICKY 

Offline Nicky

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 04:56:07 AM »
No it does not, you are right ...
I need to work in my head the process....
It may take me a while LOL!!!!

When I saved mine it has a shape that I like, so I was happy to save it so could draw it again.

Will work on this a bit later this morning. 

Offline Teejay

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 05:38:19 AM »
phew i will stop cussing  my AD now....lol   :excellent-1:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 05:42:11 AM »
Teejay, that is too tedious (just learned that word  :laugh2: ). I would like the save option to really be a save option. I'm with ML, could be a little bug.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 05:54:13 AM »
ohhhhh i agree
 i think it should save and while we are at it a preview of the line instead of just the pressure graph would be fabulous  ...and the mesh
yep.... its back i want the mesh...  anywhere anyhow i want it . :ok2:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 06:48:56 AM »
Think I got my head around it. That's a good workaround in the meantime Teejay, thank you.   :praise68:
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

RobertH.

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 07:27:47 AM »
We discussed this several months ago. Here is the thread. This would be an alternate method if anyone is interested.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »
Robert Robert you are a life saver i have hunted for that thread i couldnt have put in the right search words....

yep that is the one
although....lol.... i like my assets way a little bit better because i can see a peek preview of the line rather than the pressure graph....

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!