Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: watermark practice-teejay  (Read 269 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

watermark practice-teejay
« on: March 14, 2017, 01:13:38 PM »
i was trying to upload something in here cos our mags is having trouble
 i hope i can upload but
i encountered a weird thing while i was exporting
i selected all my items with the move tool i went File/export/without background but the background came ...i tried a few times but it still kept adding the background.
my work around was to copy all i selected then go
file /new from clipboard ...that 'cropped 'it.... so i posted it under the wrong one

i managed to post an image our mags but i broke the export ... :wideeye:

SueHonstain

Re: watermark practice-teejay
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
 :praise46: :clap2: Teejay!

Offline Margaret

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
ThanksTJ. I just tried again but it wouldn't work. I tried as a PNG and also as a JPG. I will just wait and post it later. I just thought I should let people know there was a problem

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 03:01:50 PM »
there was something i noticed ..
my document was size 600x600 pixels to start with...
but when i tried to export it as a png or a jpg without background the size changed to over 900x900 pixels  ..
it should have been smaller not larger than i started with

i do not get it.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 12:10:21 AM »
Teejay that has happened to me also many times... 
after hours I finally discovered that in one grouped item there was a dot created when I was using the pen mode, I did not see it but it was there way off center and it made my image jumped to 1100..pix!!!

So after I deleted that dot all was fine. Just wondering if that is what is happening to you

And the way I found out is taking each item and copy and paste on a new image and try to export it  all the sizes were OK except that one . I had to zoom big .

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 06:36:41 AM »
Wow that sounds so good..... i will try it and let you know.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »
It's one of those idiosyncrasies Teejay. I've noticed that if you don't change the "Area" format before the size the size increases. Odd as it's normal to start at the top of a list of methods rather than the bottom. 

Nice work on the Watermark practice.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 05:20:32 PM »
That's a pretty clever signature, Teejay!! I like it!!  It's not really a watermark in the true sense but it does identify your work.    :praise58: :praise68:

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 12:33:37 AM »
oh what classes as a watermark then
i have been using this  for my watermarks on the calendars for leenie
i thought anyones personal ;mark; is classed as a watermark... but no one has told me that i just sorta thought it .
what is one.....

Offline Nicky

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 01:00:51 AM »
I have a whole selection of watermarks made in different way... most were for PSP...with shadows. They included images, icons  For me watermarks and signatures are the same. Just depend on what works it goes on. 

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 01:26:56 AM »
ohhh  thanks nicky its one of those things where i have never asked  but assumed ...lol 
 :ok2:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!