Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: AD 019 swirls  (Read 289 times)

Offline NickyTopic starter

AD 019 swirls
« on: March 16, 2017, 04:24:39 PM »
Lynn beautifully explained tutorial.
I do not know how to go about deleting the nodes in step 8 when you write: Zoom in, remove excess nodes, and move the remaining
ones to fit the outline of the black swirl. Return the opacity to 100%.  How do I di that. When I tried it delete the whole thing

Thanks

Offline Lynn

Re: AD 019 swirls
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »
If you have all of the nodes selected and you click Delete, yes, your shape will be deleted. So, deselect the shape. Then select it again and click on the Node Tool. With your cursor, click on a single node that you want to delete (to select it) and click on Delete. That node only will be deleted. Do the same thing with the other excess nodes you want to delete.

Hope this will clarify it for you. Give it a try and let me know.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 06:18:47 PM »
Thanks Lynn but that is not working for me. I don't see a delete to click on it.... I'll just learn the general idea, but cannot complete it .

Offline Lynn

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 06:27:59 PM »
"Delete" is the Delete key on your keyboard, Nicky.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 06:31:43 PM »
That is what I did but it take away the shape...
Obviously I am not getting it right I guess the confusion is the select, deselect... and click on a node... something I am missing 

Offline Lynn

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »
For the nodes to show, you must select your shape to make it active, then click on the Node Tool. This causes all of the nodes to be visible. At this point none of the nodes are selected. If you want to select a single node, you click on it with your cursor. The node turns blue. When you key Delete, only the blue node is deleted. If you want to select more than one node, draw a marquee rectangular selection around the nodes you want to select. Now all of the nodes you marquee selected will be blue, and if you key Delete these blue nodes, and only these blue nodes, will be deleted.

I think I should have said "key" instead of "click" on Delete for clarity, as what you are doing is striking the Delete key on your keyboard.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:33 PM »
 :thanks06: Lynn. Got it. Now will just adjust the shape a bit, will continue tomorrow, Thanks again

Offline Lynn

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 07:25:11 PM »
Great!

I searched on "nodes" in AD Help just now, and here's how it says it:

To delete nodes:
   Select the node and press the Delete key.

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »
To select the node do you use the node tool to surround that node and then press the delete key on the keyboard?

Offline Lynn

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »
To select the node, the simplest way is to just click on it with your mouse cursor, although you could use a marquee rectangular selection if you want. The marquee selection method is usually used when you want to select more than one node at a time. Another method to select multiple nodes would be to hold down shift and click on the nodes individually; this method enables you to select nodes that you could not all include in the same marquee rectangular selection.

Whichever method you use, the node or nodes selected will be blue and if you press the Delete key they will be deleted.

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »
Thank you Lynn for that information! :stars: :excellent-1:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 03:42:44 PM »
I cannot download the swirl file.  I copied and pasted the url but I get the attached message:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »
I downloaded the Swirl large image MaryLou.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 07:18:30 PM »
Sorry you got that denied access message, MaryLou. I wonder why? That site should be open to everybody since they are offering free clip art.

Thank you for providing MaryLou with a copy of it, Sue.

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:10 PM »
You're welcome Lynn. Always happy to help someone in need. :stars:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!