Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Water Flame Candle - MaryLou  (Read 202 times)

Online MaryLouTopic starter

Water Flame Candle - MaryLou
« on: March 30, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »
I decided to give this tutorial a try - was incredibly easy!!  The candle and water are provided and the video shows you how to put it all together to get this effect.   For those who want to give it a try, you can find it here:  Water Flame Candle Tutorial

Offline SherylC

Re: Water Flame Candle - MaryLou
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 01:09:38 AM »
Oh my word, this is lovely MaryLou and something a little different to try.  Love how the water just hangs. :praise09: :praise58: It looks more complicated than it actually is and I can't wait to give this tutorial a go later, thanks.   
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 01:42:33 AM »
wow  very impressive   i love it.

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 12:24:24 PM »
 :wow3:very nice MaryLou, love it you did great on this :coolfb: :cheergirl: :elmo:
Hugz Bill

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »
Thank you all!!   Believe me, it's so simple that you won't believe it!!  Someone else did it and posted it on Facebook so I asked for the link to the tutorial.  Never thought I could do it.  So, I opened AD and was on my way. when it got to the mask part, and I tried erasing the unwanted parts, it painted black over the candle.  I kept trying and it just didn't work. 

Went back and viewed the tutorial again.  Even compared my toolbar to his. That's when I saw his paint brush was in a different place.  How could that be?  Went back to AD and tried again... same problem.  Back to the tut..  and that's when I discovered it was aP, not AD!  Once I opened the right program, it was a breeze!

I wish some of those tools in AP were in AD!!!  Would love to see the "mirror" feature included with AD.  :thanks06: :thanks06: :thanks06:

Offline MaryT

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »
Love what you have done here ML, I found the same thing ML, but in Ad go to pixil and you can paint with the mask...my problem and I have looked everywhere
is at the last where it says go to layers -new live filter layer, I have yet to find it
so now to ap to see if I can find it there..........but I do like this tut.  My work
around was to go to adjustments..shadows highlights...I love this yours is absolutely stunning
Hugz, Mary

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 11:21:29 PM »
Mary, that is found under Layers on the top menu. There are tons of excellent filters!!  I think what they mean by "live filter" is that you can watch the changes on the image while using the adjustments.   You should check some of them out.   :angel04:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 08:16:53 AM »
Well done MaryLou!  Very striking image indeed.... :praise07:
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Offline MaryT

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 09:44:27 AM »
ML I finally found those right before I posted, I was just saying it can still be done
in AD and what my work around was.......I found that to be another alternative...
Regardless its a great tut.......
Hugz, Mary

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 10:34:32 AM »
I was thinking the same thing in using AD to make one....

Offline Grethe

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2017, 12:37:06 PM »
 :praise68: :praise07: , ML!  :wow3:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
 :praise20: :praise65: :praise07:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!