Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: png saving fails  (Read 99 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

png saving fails
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:26:35 AM »
I've some sudden problems with saving png, the transperancy expand, no matter how I save. I also tried to re-start pc. Could I, by accident, have done something with preferences?

The print screen shows how it look when I try to save a new png....I can't see anything of those extras in AD.

Offline Teejay

Re: png saving fails
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 09:31:33 AM »
is it just with this one image

i believe it may be because you have a strong Blurr  on some shapes in the image
you will not see it in AD when you look at your image but when you export it as a png  it shows the blurr.

to test it ... hide all the layers with any blur then export and see if the png looks correct.

good luck

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:51:56 AM »
It is just this one, never used that much blur before. So you might be very right!

Tried! Yepp, that it was! Thanks for clearing things up!  :dance01:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:12:16 AM »
Good catch, Teejay!!   It would seem to me that if you saved your selection with transparent background that this should not happen because the blur does not show in the selection so it should not show at all when you save it.  Could this be another bug?

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »
yes i think you are right and cos you said it forst MaryLou .....you get to whack them in the forum with it... :excellent-1:

Offline Lin

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »
I've noticed that also on some of mine, don't remember which ones, but I had to reduce the blur to get rid of it or most of it anyway.. couldn't get rid of all of it, doesn't seem to show up on the final png though, at least not for me.. yet.. LOL

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 06:46:09 AM »
No, it doesn't show in the final png, just empty space around, which can be cropped BTW.  :angel04:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!