Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Simple Arc  (Read 198 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Simple Arc
« on: April 08, 2017, 06:26:18 PM »
Some time back, we were discussing how to make a simple arc and I wrote a tutorial showing three different methods.   With the first two, you could get rounded ends but not with the third method.  In all three cases, we started with the Ellipse.  This is the tutorial:

http://pircnet.com/adtutorials/simplearc/simplearc.pdf

Since then, I've found yet another way that you might want to try. This one starts with the donut shape and you can easily round the endsl  Here's how I did it.

I think I might add this one to my tutorial.  It's nice because it can be edited.

Offline Teejay

Re: Simple Arc
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 01:08:31 AM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  this is so easy to do...... :thumb3:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 06:50:11 AM »
This would make a nice edition to the simple arc tutorial MaryLou.  :excellent-1: :clap2: :thumb3:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 09:10:43 AM »
So easy to do too and definitely worth adding to your tutorial.  :praise20: Thanks for the update MaryLou. 
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
I think I will add it because it is so simple!!   I picked this up from Facebook when someone was asking how to make the curve on the end of the arc.  Tried it, and loved it!  So simple!! :chickdance:

Offline San

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 12:18:24 PM »
I have seen it done with the donut shape but forgot about that you could do it with this shape until I saw this again it will be a great addition to your tutorial MaryLou.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »
 :thumb3: :coolfb: :thanks06:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »
Some time back, we were discussing how to make a simple arc and I wrote a tutorial showing three different methods.   With the first two, you could get rounded ends but not with the third method.  In all three cases, we started with the Ellipse.  This is the tutorial:

http://pircnet.com/adtutorials/simplearc/simplearc.pdf

Since then, I've found yet another way that you might want to try. This one starts with the donut shape and you can easily round the endsl  Here's how I did it.

I think I might add this one to my tutorial.  It's nice because it can be edited.

I am saving this tip MaryLou for future reference.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »
I added this method to the tutorial and re-uploaded it.  For this part, I did some really close-up screen captures on using the Corner tool because some people don't quite understand how to use it.

So, if you 're interested in an update, here it is!  http://pircnet.com/adtutorials/simplearc/simplearc.pdf

Offline Nicky

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
 :thanks06: MaryLou Updated the original. Good idea re the corner tool. Got it to work but a newbie may not

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 07:29:50 PM »
I know I had a bit of trouble with it the first time or two... I think it was because I didn't notice the little black curve under the cursor.  I'm so glad PhotoImpact works on Win 10.  I HATE the cropping method in AD.   It is so awkward! :easter02:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!