Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: The Jaggies  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Teejay

Re: The Jaggies
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 06:55:58 AM »
awwwwwwwwww :thud: :angry01: :angrybanghead: :eek:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »
Odd as Nicky is having a problem saving an image at the right size. I've copied her query and put it in the AP Help forum. Think there must be a few glitches arising!.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
I just tried it again using pixels, then started a new document in points which changed every thing to points and it didn't make any difference. Still got the jaggies.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 05:20:24 AM »
Sorry Nicky, I missed your comments. I've changed it to Pixels many times but it keeps reverting back to points. I don't think it makes much difference either way.

I recall PSP having severe "jaggie" issues.....terrible, which was why I barely used the programme. It has improved with VX9. Not that it matters here but just saying! lol   

Offline Grethe

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2017, 07:11:01 AM »
Also got jaggies. Bug, glitch or whatever you call it. Should not be there in such a good programme!

Offline Teejay

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2017, 09:34:48 AM »
i agree wuth you grethe  but how come shez's hasnt got them....

Offline SherylC

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2017, 12:36:56 PM »
You too Grethe...it's a mystery.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2017, 04:28:55 PM »
I realize that AP is a pixel based program just as PI was pixel based. Even so, the lines were smooth when drawing a shape, etc.   I am going to try it again and if I still get the same results, will report it as a bug.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 04:02:54 AM »
Yes PI didn't have any jaggie issues whatsoever at least for me and I don't recall it ever being an issue for anyone else.

Different story in PSP though. I found it too frustrating to even use the Pen tool as the jaggies ruined the effort and I can't deal with that.

If a graphics manufacturers offers a Pen tool in the list of tools, they should make sure that it can be used effectively, no jaggies.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 08:20:22 PM »
I probably should report this as it's NOT good.  Maybe those who tested AP didn't test things like Shapes.  They have some pretty nice Macros in AD - that's one area I hope to explore when time allows.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2017, 01:56:12 AM »
I think both AP and AD and works in progress but feel sure they will eventually get a lot more features added. Additional features may mean Serif increasing the cost of the software.

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2017, 08:28:02 PM »
I don't think they will increase the price of the software. They always kept their legacy programs at a reasonable price and I don't see them changing that.  Once AD gets all of the features that PhotoShop has, you'll see a mass exodus of PS users who will be turning to AD.  PhotoShop has outpriced thenselves by charging a monthly fee to use the program.   Once Affinity can do the same job, they will all be jumping ship.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2017, 05:59:00 AM »
I have read online that many PS users have already switched to AD. Re the pricing, hope what you say will turn out to be the case MaryLou but from my experience prices usually increase with popularity.  This may be a long way off yet though as Serif still have a lot to do. I feel sure they'll get there. 

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2017, 02:45:58 PM »
I Serif stays true to their past, they won't raise the price way up there.  They can see that people are leaving PS behind because of the high pricing.  PSP is a very popular program (or was) and Corel never upped the price on that.  PhotoShop wasn't so much charging for the program, they were charging for the name.  That name has made them many millions of dollars!!  Now, it's going turn around and bite them in the butt as soon as there is a comparable replacement.  The customer base of Affinity products will out weigh the need for raising prices.  Keeping fingers crossed!!  Adobe started out with high prices.  I remember when I got my Adobe Pagemaker.  It was $499!!!!   Then, I get Serif PagePlus for $89 and find it can do everything that I did in Adobe Pagemaker but did it easier!  I was really sad to hear they discontinued PagePlus but on the other hand, they are coming out with an Affinity version so that makes me happy! :laugh1:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 12:16:04 AM »
i love the feel of serif as a company... i think i could ring them and sort out any problem ... or at least talk to someone who would listen without having to buy any extra insurance to have that honor like corel
i also get the feeling they are doing their best to make affinity the best that it could be.
i am a very happy customer.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)