Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: whoooooooooooooooo hoooo latest AD out version 1.5.3.69 NOT BETA  (Read 177 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

Re: whoooooooooooooooo hoooo latest AD out version 1.5.3.69 NOT BETA
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 07:46:28 AM »
i cant find any sign if a beta .... :thud:

Offline Linda2

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 08:54:42 AM »
I am a bit curious, but I stopped with the beta versions some time back.  I am well satisfied with AD ,  with a few exceptions anyway, and I plan to just wait and see how it develops in the future.  I like reading about what you all find in it but I just can't bring myself to start all that again.    I know....that is laziness personified.   
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 11:38:39 AM »
Teejay, it's the first item in the AD for Windows Beta Forum. Read all of the comments and Affinity responses before you do anything.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 12:19:25 PM »
I'm with Linda....  don't want to fool with a beta. I want the real thing so I think I'll just wait and see.  It will be interesting once we do get it.  I don't have enough  hours in a day as it is so... no beta for me.  :cancan:

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 12:49:18 PM »
thanks Lynn
i read all that was posted as you suggested and am tip toeing backwards quietly out of the download area ...i think i will wait ...phew that was close....teeheehee

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
OMG!!!!   I said I wasn't going to look at the beta BUT.....  I couldn't stop myself!  I had to download and install it.  I LOVE it!!!

I only wanted to get a look at the interface to see if they really gave us a lighter color and... they did!!  I opened AD and PI at the same time and was able to adjust the background to the same color as PI - which is so much easier on the eyes!   The icons are easier to see as well. 

I will not be using this... at least that's what I'm saying now but... now I know what to expect in the next update! NO MORE UGLY BLACK!!!!     I didn't notice any other differences but then, I only took a quick look.  Now back to the real version but I do like that light background!!

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »
wha...... you did what..... :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

but you just said.... no beta not enough hours and you  go and do it.... :elmo: :laugh2:

Offline San

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 01:39:25 PM »
I am not going to touch the Beta but MaryLou you could not resist.  :laugh8:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 07:00:33 AM »
Disappointed in the update. I was expecting a bit more than bug fixes. :)  Ah well, just have to keep on wishing.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 12:14:40 PM »
I just couldn't resist a peek when I heard "light interface".   I won't be using the program - but I wanted to see it.  I already found a bug!!  I have the light interface turned on.  I went to View\Studios and on the list of studios, there are NONE checkmarked - at least none that you can see.   You cannot tell which ones are checked and which ones are not.  In the layers tab, when things are checked, they have a little blue "box" with a white checkmark so you can see them.  That's what we should see on the Studios - but.. they are not there.

Anyway, it's back to the ugly old black for now... after I report this bug.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
Sheryl, there is more than bug fixes.  Try the Stabilizer option when using the Pencil tool.  Wow.....  it is so smooth!!!  That's as far as I've looked but I'm sure there are more little goodies hiding in there.  I can see them now with a light UI!  :star:

Offline Sue Honstain

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 01:00:21 PM »
I'm going to wait till the full release comes out.  Unless they have some way to convert older files we have created as I understand we will not be able to open older afs (or whatever the AD ext is) with this current update.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 02:22:51 PM »
I have no plans to use the beta - I have too much to learn between AD and AP as it is!!  But, I just HAD to get a peek at that light interface.  Can't wait for the version with this in it to come out. :star:

Offline Lin

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 03:24:41 PM »
not going to get it either, like MaryLou I don't have enough hours as it is.. lol :)

Offline SherylC

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »
I'm not installing the Beta either. Certainly don't have an enough hours in the day since our little people have joined us...pheew! lol  I appreciate knowing it's available though, thanks Lynn.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!