Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Breaking Text Apart  (Read 67 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Breaking Text Apart
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:09:31 PM »
Is there an option in AD to type something, then separate the letters into single characters?  Hope that makes sense.  In PhotoImpact, if I typed a word, it was just that, a single word.  But, there is an option to break the text into single letters.

I was doing some lettering the other day and didn't like how close the letters were to one another.  I couldn't find any kerning options and not much of anything else other than stretching and shrinking the text. 

Anyone know?? :help01:

Offline Linda2

Re: Breaking Text Apart
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 05:05:25 PM »
I'm usually useless at answering questions such as this but I have done what you are asking by typing in a word and selecting "convert to curves".  That will break down each letter and I have made changes that way.....spacing, changing nodes, etc.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Breaking Text Apart
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:22:07 PM »
Ahhh   yes, that will convert each individual letter to and individual object.  I knew it was in there somewhere, just couldn't remember where!   Just tried it and it works perfectly.  I typed the text, selected all of it and converted to curves.  It grouped it automatically so I had to ungroup so I could move each one separately. 

Thanks!!!!! :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

I sure hope they get some more features in AD soon because it really is lacking, especially if compared to DrawPlus. That had it all.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!