Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Come back original PIRC member.....  (Read 157 times)

Offline LorraineTopic starter

Come back original PIRC member.....
« on: May 31, 2017, 10:04:36 PM »
Warm regards to all those that may on the off chance remember me from years gone by. It's great to be back although a little nervous about learning AD as a rank beginner. Hoping to slowly pick it up and start creating again.  Unfortunately  I didn't succeed  in learning Sherif but fingers crossed Affinity Designer will be easier. Need some tutorials to get myself acquainted with all the tools / buttons / etc. appearing on the screen. - Any advice much appreciated.
Going to try and stay away from seeing how it works for pixel painting - lol!!

It's wonderful to see lots of familiar names & faces here from all those years ago.  :)

Cheers for now & will see you all around on the boards. I'm off to have a good look around the forum now.

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
Re: Come back original PIRC member.....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »
helloooooooooooooooo
and welcome back
lots tto do
love
life MUST go on; I forget JUST why.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:36:07 PM »
 :welcome01: back, Lorraine!  It has been a long time.... too long!! 

You shouldn't have any trouble learning Affinity Designer. it's pretty easy.  We have the AD workshop Past Projects where you can see what we've already done.  We're all pretty much  beginners with this one, it's still the first version!  There are some tutorials at Pircnet.com that are for how to use various tools.  Nothing about painting, that's not my "thing" so I stick with the vector stuff.   Just jump in and try things and you can always ask questions. 

If you do the projects in the Archive of past project, post your results in the workshop area with the appropriate subject line.  You'll  be caught up before you know it!!

Again, welcome back!!!! :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:41:29 AM »
 :welcome06: back! And  :havefun: Affinity is, as ML says, easy to learn.  :yes01:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 03:17:55 AM »
hello  hello

ad is really easy to learn it really really is
and once you get to know where a few tools are  you will be in love with AD before you realize

we have a real basics for beginners pdf  if you want it ... you can find that   HERE

and MaryLou has written some amazing basics for all sorts of tools ..

if you get stuck or need help just ask... we all learn together ...yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw :yehaw: i just love ad .  :laugh8:

Offline Lin

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:07:30 AM »
we are all more or less beginners as it just came out for windows not long ago, I'm sure you will catch up in no time.. if you have questions please ask :) we will all try and help you out.

Offline San

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:35 PM »
Hi Lorraine if you like creating you are going to love  A D and there plenty of help here.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)