Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: New Fry Pan!  (Read 113 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

New Fry Pan!
« on: June 03, 2017, 08:29:19 PM »
Last year, the local market had a promotion going where you get x number of points for each $ you spend. So, I started saving my points because I liked the frying pan. The promo ended in January but when I went in to claim my prize, they had run out. Oh no!  How could they?

Well, they decided that all of those people who came in on the last day of the promo and didn't get what they were saving for could go on a waiting list.  That was okay with me.  They were going to call when the pans came in. It only took FOUR months!!  I got mine yesterday.  It's a very nice skillet by Bialetti

I'm one who always reads the directions for everything!  They were the standard directions... wash in hot soapy water before using, do not use sharp utensils, etc.  However, the last line is one I've never seen in any directions anywhere!!   It said, "Caution - For Safety, please keep birds out of the kitchen"!   I laughed so hard I almost fell of the chair!!  Who has birds running around in their kitchens??

When I recovered from my laughing spell, I read the rest and it said "Birds respiratory systems are sensitive to many kings of household fumes".   (kings must be a typo, they meant kinds).

Have any of you seen this kind of a warning on your cookware?  I sure got a big laugh out of it!   :cancan: :cancan:

Offline Nicky

Re: New Fry Pan!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 12:18:36 AM »
I like those. They are deep. Our italian coffee pot is a Bialetti. Very good and they last for ever.Ours are over 20 years old.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:56:03 AM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon and eggs and fried tomatoes on fried bread .....ohhhhhhhhhhhh heading for the kitchen. :laugh8:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 04:01:12 AM »
 :laugh1: :laugh2: birds in the kitchen...its a bit unhygienic isnt it  ..

MaryLou  remove those birds at once or i will call the cruelty man... :laugh8:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 04:14:33 AM »
That was a really good looking pan....Congratulations!
But what the h.... has a bird to do there?!  :jumpy: Fried chicken?  :laugh8:

Offline Lin

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 06:04:02 AM »
Oh good, so glad they did, that, but if you have birds don't use the non-stick cookware at all, it will kill them instantly if it gets even a little too hot..  Can you tell we have birds.  and we don't use non-stick cookware. or even my George Foreman isn't non-stick, it's ceramic :) 

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »
Lin, I've never heard of such a thing!!  When I first read it, I thought they were trying to be funny and especially since they misspelled a word. 

I've often thought about getting a bird.  Probably a good thing  I didn't because the poor thing wouldn't have lived very long! 

I haven't cooked anything in it yet but according to the directions, it's oven safe, even with a rubber handle on it.  Anxious to try it - but I wish I had gotten the 8 inch one instead of the 10.5. 

The promotion before this, they featured Thomas cookware. I managed to get an 8 inch frypan, and two other pans with lids. I like them a LOT, they are very thick on the bottom. On the downside, the handles get very hot and I've gotten burned a few times. 

Looking forward to the next promotion!  Might give bacon and eggs a try in the new pan.

Offline Lin

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 03:46:12 PM »
yeah I didn't know about it many years ago and killed my parrot :( didn't know why he just fell over dead until I read about this.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!