Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Current projects-Linda2  (Read 55 times)

Offline Linda2Topic starter

Current projects-Linda2
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:06:21 AM »
Been a bit quieter than usual since I have been doing a few things on my own lately.  As many of you know my first passion is trying to learn cartooning , so I first did this little Caesar figure. No earthly reason at all....just thought I would see if I could do something that might resemble ole Caesar....
Then a few days ago I found a hydrangea painting tutorial that looked interesting.  Now, this one I really had to concentrate; and I still see some things that I may go back and change and enhance....but for the time being I am stopped.  There was no tutorial for the cartoon, just outta my head, but the hydrangea can be found here
The cartoon was done with the pen....but the hydrangeas were all brush painted ....both using AD.  I do so love this program!!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Offline Lynn

Re: Current projects-Linda2
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
 :praise42: :praise35: , Linda! Your Caesar spoutin' off, uh, orating, that is, is  :praise34: What  :praise15: your cartooning is!

And your hydrangea painting is  :praise23:! What a lot of patience you had to paint all of that detail!

:wtg: :praise46:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
I agree with lynn..you have come a long way linda now your there...you really are..cartooning is one thing but you give them something special..
Hydrangea......... Fabulouse but caecer takes the buscuit.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 01:29:13 PM »
 :omg:  :praise09:  :praise58: This is simply breath taking :praise10:

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 03:24:22 PM »
Thank you Lynn, tee, and Nicky.  I sincerely appreciate your kindness. 

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »
OH my, how nice!!!   I don't believe I've ever met Little Caesar, but he's very cute!!!  You don't need a tutorial for making cartoons, you'rs are great without them.   You should be writing tutorials to teach others how.   :cheergirl: :cheergirl:

The flowers are very pretty too!  I can't seem to get the hang of using brushes... my brain is wired for vectors but  I might get brave and try it!

:praise58: :praise59: :praise10:

Offline Lin

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »
 :wow3: :wow3: love that cartoon, yup he's spouting off.. lol and the flowers are  :praise61: and you for sure don't need cartooning lessons.. wish I could do them, but not in my makeup to do them.  I need to work on some painting with AD I bet it would be awesome.  will have to try some :) other than the bits and pieces I've been doing on other projects that is..

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 11:33:52 PM »
love both your works..patience IS the word..............
Now i come to THINK ABOUT it, it seems as though i've had AMNESIA for as long as i can REMEMBER

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »
MaryLou, Lin, and you too Joy.....

Offline Lin

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 03:22:39 PM »
LOL you are welcome, love those toes.. lol

SueHonstain

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 08:25:25 PM »
 :praise42: :praise35: :yes05:

Offline San

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 02:04:08 PM »
 :omg: Linda your cartoons are just amazing and little Caesar is just fantastic I think you should be giving us lessons .

Your hydrangea is just painted  :praise20: it must have taken you ages to do it.  :clap2: :clap2:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!