Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: ? about PDF...Grethe....Update ?  (Read 68 times)

Offline GretheTopic starter

? about PDF...Grethe....Update ?
« on: June 06, 2017, 05:53:41 AM »
I found that I can upload PDF to my (terrible) website. Now I wonder, what size should one page be? I experiment with AD and the PDF option.
I have some huge (kb) photos I want to share with you. (Teejay, you know what I'm thinking of) And I hope for an input how to link from ML..... :angel04: :angel04:

Offline MaryLou

Re: ? about PDF...Grethe
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 03:36:50 PM »
Grethe, there's no answer to your question.  A .pdf file can be many many pages or just one.  It will squeeze down the images  As for a link, you do it the same way you do any other picture that you link to - it just has a different extender.

Hope this helps!

I like PagePlus for making web pages.  I have 3 pages of things I've made and did it all in PagePlus - outputted it as HTML. 

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:17:41 PM »
Thank you, ML, for answering. Guess I just have to test a little to find my way.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:39:50 AM »
Ok. I used PagePlus...and I remember some of what you tried to teach us.  :elmo:
Created the ppp-page, but have problems with linking to the zipfiles. PDF-file wouldn't save with the links. They are all in the same place. What option do I use?
Sorry to bother you!

Offline Teejay

Re: ? about PDF...Grethe....Update ?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:36:34 AM »
Grethe.... why cant you upload a zip file to your website...just like you would a pdf and then give us the link to the zip file.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 06:47:19 AM »
I've linked from the pdf to a zipfile. And I can't get THAT link to work.....not from image nor from text.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 02:35:56 PM »
Grethe, I'm not sure how you linked your file but we KNOW it works.  Look at all of the tutorials we've written that have files you need to download - we have links to all of them.

If you want to send me your .ppp file, I can check it out - mlwhite@pircnet.com.  Without seeing what you're doing, it would be impossible to help you.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 05:25:43 AM »
Gave up the PagePlus. Wait for the new Affinity.
I made an oldfashion page and will share on other place here.  :angel04:

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »
Grethe, you give up too easily!!!  I'm sure it's not going to be that much different in Affinity Page!  :)   My pircnet.com web site was made entirely in Page Plus. So was my wwell.net site.    It's soooo easy to do!

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »
I did make it a year ago when we where doing PP lessons. I just don't remember how I did it. Blame it on my age.....eeeh....or something else.  :cancan:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!