Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: SB023 - Diddle - Nicky  (Read 45 times)

Offline NickyTopic starter

SB023 - Diddle - Nicky
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »
Fun one to do

Offline MaryLou

Re: SB023 - Diddle - your name
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 06:58:55 PM »
Nicky, you really went for it!!  You made the whole darn thing!!!  VERY clever and very cute too!!    :praise02: :praise59:  :praise09:

I wonder if kids today even read nursery rhyme anymore?  I know they don't play cowboys and Indians... that's too dangerous. Most likely don't play hopscotch, especially if they live where there are sidewalks because they'd be fined for defacing public property.  Young boys don't play Mumbly Peg because they're not allowed to have a little pocket knife and they don't play marbles or Jacks because they might choke on one.    I'm sure, if they do read nursery rhymes, they've been watered down to be politically correct and any violence removed.   I loved Little Black Sambo stories and their restaurants were so cool!  We know they aren't reading the original Grimms Fairy tales because those were violent even when I was a child and I recall they had been re-published with "softer" versions.   I guess that's the way life goes. :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:21:11 PM »
 :thanks06: MaryLou. I enjoy the story book thread because I don't know them . I was born and raised in Montreal and we spoke french. So for me this is all new and fun

Online Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:55:50 PM »
tis fun tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
its a funny thing, but i dont remember becoming absent-minded

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:09:33 PM »
Nicky, are you saying they don't have nursery rhymes and such in Canada? :star:

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:44:01 AM »
They do MaryLoy but I did not know English. I learned it at school. I was raised in a french family. So I know them in french and they are not the same. .

Offline Lin

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 06:55:25 AM »
These are awesome Nicky and so  :praise46:  and I didn't know you were French, and didn't know that the kids stories would be different..

Offline Linda2

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 07:15:43 AM »
Well however you know them Nicky, they are marvelous.  Looks very professionally done indeed....ready for publishing.   :praise74:
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Re: SB023 - Diddle - Nicky
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 09:50:11 AM »
 :thanks06: Lin and Linda.  Yes I am french canadian. Born and raised in Montreal.

Offline SherylC

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 12:37:43 PM »
Wow, that is a stunning piece of work Nicky. Very cute and perfect for a children's story book.  :praise20: :praise10: :praise58:

I didn't realise you were a French Canadian either. I love Montreal, it's so beautiful there.  My Nephew lived in Montreal for a long time when he attended McGills University. He speaks fluent French and considers himself very much a French Canadian.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 12:43:57 PM »
 :thanks06: Sheryl. It is a lovely city

Offline SherylC

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 12:47:01 PM »
It is Nicky. We had hoped to visit again this year as my brother lives in Toronto as you know. He became seriously ill a few months ago and is still recovering so thought visiting him would be too much this year. Maybe next year.
A SMILE is a curve that sets everything straight!.

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 12:56:36 PM »
Sorry to hear about your brother . Think of him often when skying season starts. Hope he recovers well.

Offline San

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2017, 12:05:30 AM »
Nicky this is just  :praise58: love what you have done.  Did not know that you were French Canadian.

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2017, 12:28:39 AM »
 :thanks06: San.

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!