Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: AD032 - Symbols  (Read 55 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

AD032 - Symbols
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:18:13 AM »
 :stars:  Symbols... :elmo:
Once you try this ...you will be HOOKED it is one of the most addictive things to do in any program i have ever owned
and it is easy.
MaryLou has written a fantastic tutorial.
Follow the steps and will be able to do this without any problems. if you do need help just ask.

You can find this magic tutorial    HERE

The Project

Read and practice  symbols along with the first part of this tutorial.
Then follow the SPIRAL from Symbol.
Create your spiral as instructed  and  export it as a png  BEFORE you start to play :laugh8:
When you have got  a good shape from moving your swirl...export it.

post both images  as  AD032 - Symbols - YOUR NAME

i KNOW you  are going to LOVE this ....  :cancan: :clapping2: :wideeye: :ok2: :yehaw:

here are mine...
the one on the  left is how i started  and the one on the  right is just ONE of the positions i liked.   

Offline MaryLou

Re: AD032 - Symbols
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 02:51:02 PM »
Teejay, I love yours - especially the second one!!!   Belongs in a fantasy world!! :praise59: :praise58:

Offline TeejayTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »
Thanks ML
This is my most favorite tutorial of yours.......awesome.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
Teejay, if it were not for you, there wouldn't have been a tutorial!!!  I couldn't see the screen on that one site so you interpreted what was going on with the second half.  The symbols part was pretty easy and I can see how I would have loved that feature when I was designing web pages!  Can't count how many times I've changed button colors over the years.  I had to just re-make most of them.

The last part was the icing on the cake - using the swirls connected together like that.  :stars:

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!