Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Latest Windows 10 Update  (Read 531 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Latest Windows 10 Update
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 01:52:33 PM »
Shez, does it say "programs and Features" at the top of the list when you right-click on the Windows icon on the left corner of the screen?  It doesn't even have Control Panel on that list.   My  laptop has not been upgraded and has a different pop-up menu.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »
I really really miss that control panel.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 04:05:37 PM »
Teejay it is there.
This is how you open it and then when it is open I right click on the icon in the tasbar and choose pin to taskbar.

Where is the control panel?

Drag the mouse pointer and click on Search (you can access the Search charm through the keyboard shortcut Windows logo + Q). The search pane will pop out and from there you can type Control Panel and select it from the results to the left. Alternatively, you can simply begin typing from the Start Screen.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 07:34:16 PM »
I want it back on my menu!!  They are hiding it to get us "prepared" for its demise. Everything is going the way of the Apps and they're turning the Microsoft language into Mac language. :(

Offline Nicky

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 08:33:58 PM »
MaryLou just pin it to the taskbar. It is right in front at all times.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 12:38:19 AM »
i followed you excellent magic steps and i now have it nailed to to my taskbar. i cant thank you enough nicky

i think they are trying to get rid of it though  so.. when i need to do something with the panel i will first try and do it with their manky app this and app that way
if i cant find what i need i can easily find it in my wonderful  control panel  yeeeehaw   :yehaw:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 05:50:29 AM »
So glad it is working for you TJ. :clap2:

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »
Nicky, I have too much stuff on my task bar as it is.  I don't use the CP enough to keep it up front.  However, I did pin it to the Start menu so it's there on the Windows screen and out of my way.

Teejay, I plan to do the same as you - do it the "new" way and when I can't solve my problem, revert to the old way.  I know they are trying to wean us off the older methods - everything is going the way of the iphone/ipad stuff.  I would bet that in  10 years from now, hardly anyone will have a computer - they will become obsolete except for maybe the big companies.  Home users all want those things they can carry around with them at all times. 

Look at the telephones...  just about everyone I know has eliminated their land lines and only have cell phones!   I can't do that because, for some strange reason, a cell phone can't get a signal when inside of a mobile home!  I used to think it was my phone but my daughter has one of those super expensive phones and it doesn't work inside either.  Everyone has to go out on the porch to use their cells. So, I will keep my land line!  I don't mind being old fashioned...  :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Offline SherylC

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:48 PM »
 Here's two screenshots, one showing the control panel under Desktop and the other showing a list of what is in the Control Panel folder.   I can't see any changes to be honest. Not sure if that's a good thing or not! lol

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
Sheryl, the difference is on the popup menu when you right-click on the Windows logo.  The Control Panel is not listed anymore even though it's still there.

Same with Programs & Features.  That has been changed to Apps & Features.  If you can find the old CP (a search will find it) you can get to Programs & Features.  If you right-click on the Win logo, and click on Apps & features, you will get the same thing but in a far different format.  It looks like they are phasing out the old and infiltrating the new slowly so we don't know it's happening!  Look at my image below - you can see the difference.    I see there is also something new that I didn't install - a 3D builder.  Don't know what that is all about.

Offline Nicky

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 12:30:33 AM »
Right you are MaryLou So now when I find something I want to remmeber, I do a shortcut in the task bar so don't waste time and patience lookingfor it

Offline SherylC

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 12:54:41 AM »
It is listed under the pop up menu at least on my pc MaryLou, listed 12th one down on the screenshot. I got the usual list after clicking on it too. 

Offline Nicky

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:12 AM »
It is not on mine Sheryl . Had to hunt for it!!!

Offline SherylC

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2017, 01:05:56 AM »
How odd that some of us still have it and others don't. Same update....bizarre Nicky.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 01:24:59 AM »
i havent got it in my menu either i had to do nicky's steps of searching for control panel
i have it on my task bar now.

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)