Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Selecting the Node and not a Handle-Teejay  (Read 85 times)

Offline TeejayTopic starter

Selecting the Node and not a Handle-Teejay
« on: June 01, 2017, 03:22:22 AM »
this is driving me bonkers

a lot of the time i need to select a node or  a few nodes together to with the shift key to move them up or out... i dont want to alter the shape so i just want to move the node.
BUT i sometimes can not get the node because the handles are short and keep getting selected
so
does anyone know of a way to just select the node and not its manky rotnasty handles
like a key to press with the mouse click or something ANYTHING    :help01:    :no-no: :help01: :thud:

Offline Nicky

Re: Selecting the Node and not a Handle-Teejay
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 04:22:04 AM »
I zoom out  a lot to see the node itself and then able to select without touchung the handles

Offline Lin

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:56:55 AM »
I have that same problem TeeJay, I usually unselect and reselect and then can grab then dang node and move it.. but sometimes I get a total mess because I grabbed a handle and twisted everything to heck and back.. lol

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 07:33:33 AM »
there should be a way of not using the zoom or deselecting and crossing your pants...
there should be a way to just select a node without those busybody handles i think i may wait a bit ..to see if anyone knows
if not i am going to ask on affinity forum... it is a big problem for me ..it drives me nuts.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
I do the zoom thing too.  That works for me.  But, I agree, there should be a better way.  Those handles can be a PITA!!! :cancan:

Offline Joy

• to-day is a perfect day-dont upset me
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 10:54:58 PM »
delete the nodeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
its a funny thing, but i dont remember becoming absent-minded

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 01:22:00 AM »
but if i delete my node  my shape will change .....

someone answered my question here   https://affinity.serif.com/forum/index.php?/topic/40862-selecting-a-node-without-selecting-the-handles/

i am trying the alt key out but all my nodes are behaving ...typical....tch

Offline Nicky

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 06:37:37 AM »
Interesting.

Offline Lin

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 06:44:16 AM »
yeah I have used the alt key and yes it changes the node, which is usually what I don't want to do, but if I want those dang handles to go different directions than they want to do, it's the only way I know of to do it.

Offline MaryLou

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »
Interesting!   I don't have that problem because most of the time, I use the Sharp Nodes, then adjust the line to the way I want it.  Handles get in the way.  Sometimes though, I change the node to a "soft" one because I want a bit more curve.  I have never gotten the hang of drawing with the other types of nodes.

Offline Lin

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 06:12:32 AM »
I use all the kinds of nodes, usually in the same drawing.. LOL

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!