Affinity Designer Forums : PIRC Facebook Page : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery : PIRC eCARDS

Author Topic: Summer is Here!!  (Read 70 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Summer is Here!!
« on: June 18, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »
It's official, summer is here!!   We're into the 3-digit temps and this will last through the next two weeks and then hopefully, a break.  Right now, it's 107F and my air conditioner is working overtime! When I slide the door open to let Daisy out to do her duty, that hot air rushes in like flames from a fire.  On the up-side, the humidity is only at 28%.  That means, if I should go out the door (which I won't) I wouldn't be dripping with sweat.

I wish I lived where they have a milk route!  I have been out for a few days but this is NOT the time for people with respiratory problems to be out running around.   Even with the a/c and fans all going, it's still 80 inside. We haven't reached the hottest part of the day yet so not sure how hot is'going to get.   Maybe I'll just clean up my files and hard drive today.  I have so much junk saved, things I know I will never need again so maybe some housekeeping is in order. 

Hope you all are keeping cool wherever you are!!   :cancan: :cancan: :cancan:

Offline Teejay

Re: Summer is Here!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 02:50:15 PM »
Well we had a blue sky and a warm day ....yeeeehaw i feel so much better seeing such lovely weather.

I have done a big save of all my files today...
Cant you get milk put on your grocery order that you get delivered.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 08:05:20 PM »
It's after 7:30pm and it's still 106 out there!  It's going to be a hot night for sleeping.  I get most of my on-line stuff between Amazon and Walmart and neither deliver fresh foods.   But, my daughter suggested I pay the $10 delivery fee and get it from a local store that does deliver.

So, I went to  their on-line page and they were having a Fathers Day special - Free shipping for new customers and $20 off your bill when you spend $49.  Well, it doesn't take much to add up to $49!!  I ordered eggs, milk, bread, salsa, salad and other veggies and a bunch more and managed to spend $55.   That means, I only paid $35 and free delivery.  It will arrive tomorrow between  7-8pm.  That's the best way on earth to beat the heat!!!  Now, I"m a hot camper but a happy one!! :star: :star: :star: :star:

Offline Teejay

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 12:40:46 AM »
wow thats the way to do it isnt it  :laugh8:

you think you will be paying more and in the end you very nearly get stuff half price .... :laugh2:  :loveit: :excellent-1:

Offline San

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 01:25:46 PM »
What a great deal you got MaryLou for this weeks groceries.

Ordering on line will save you going out in the heat.

We are having Winter here but the days are mostly nice.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 02:44:15 PM »
The store where I bought the fresh groceries is considerably more expensive than shopping at Walmart, but I cannot get fresh foods from Walmart and it's usually a 2-3 day wait.   With this store (Safeway), the free shipping and $20 off the total price makes it come out about even.   Their standard price for home delivery is $12.99 plus 10 cents per mile for fuel tax and you have to spend $149.  I just happened to hit it at the right time.   You can schedule your delivery time which makes it nice.

It's another hot one...  110.6 and going up.  We have another 2 hours before the hottest part of the day arrives.   It is 84 inside but I have two fans going in the family room and have the other rooms closed off so it's not bad as long as I'm not up moving around.  Have been using my inhaler far more often.  Whenever I open the door to let Daisy out to do her potty, a gush of hot air rushes in.  So, I dug out her old wee-wee pad and am going to try and her to use that instead of going outside.

This heat wave is expected to last through Sunday, then it's supposed to go down to 98.  On the up side, the humidity is sill low  at 33%. 

So, it looks like I"m not going to be doing much of anything this week!!  It's too hot to sleep at night and too hot to nap during the day.   Sure glad I don't have to go outside for anything!! :elmo: :elmo:

Offline Nicky

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 03:25:04 AM »
 :wow3: MaryLou this is way to hot for me. I will enjoy our cool weather and not grumble.

Offline Teejay

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 03:31:26 AM »
well our summer of 2 days seems to be over its back to gray... awwwwwww....donkey dollops.

Offline Majse

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
Summer - go away  :wiz:

Enjoy your summer - I am looking forward to the fall-season. The beautiful colors - nice cooler nights LOLL

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 04:07:12 PM »
It is a nice warm 112F at the moment and rising!!  Funny though, it doesn't seem as hot as yesterday.  Thankfully, the humidity is at 27%.   I am just thinking how this would feel if I were in Florida!   I was there once on vacation and it wasn't nearly this hot. If you walked out the door, within 2 minutes, sweat was running down your face and everywhere else.  We should have about 4 more days of this...  then back down into the 90's.

On the upside, I have food!!  My delivery was right on time and the veggies were exactly what I would have picked out.. nice and fresh.  I have more than enough food and chocolate to outlast this little heatwave! 

Hope the rest of you are keeping cool!!! 

Offline Majse

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2017, 01:04:59 AM »
Yummy - chocolate is very important  :laugh8:

Offline San

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2017, 01:58:54 AM »
veggies and chocolate is all you need.   Glad it will be a bit cooler sooner  I am sitting here with a jumper on. 
In summer we have humidity up to 90% or more and  when you do anything it the sweat just runs off of you.  But our winters are gorgeous. I think we have very similar weather to Florida.   But the weather is worse more north.

Offline Majse

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2017, 08:05:41 AM »
It doesn't sound good - I hate it when it is so hot

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2017, 08:35:20 PM »
Today hasn't been too bad - got up to 101 but is starting to cool down faster at night.  That means, we'll be able to sleep better.   I actually went outdoors when it got down to 98 and installed a security camera in my driveway.  I have my tablet sitting on my desktop so I can see my entire back porch, my car, and anyone going down the road.   It's not a good "security" camera because it doesn't pick up motion very well but I mainly wanted it so I can see when the UPS or FedEx man comes.  A lot of times, I hear my alarm go off but don't know what caused it.  Now, if I'm home, I can see what's going on.

I was going to get a set of 4 cameras so bought just one.  It gets a beautiful image both day and night on the screen but... it's very bad at capturing movement.  It might catch one in 15 cars that go by. It has only captured me going to the mail box once. I decided it's not good for security so nixed that idea.  Was going to send this one back along with another one I was testing but decided this will serve a good purpose since I mainly shop on-line.

I would die in that humidity that you have!! This is why I can't move back to Indiana. They too have that high humidity as does Florida.  It will be better, starting tomorrow... I hope!!!

Check out our awesome selection of FREE ecards! Send them to family and friends. Schedule them in advance. All cards are originals and made by our PIRC artists!