Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Managing all those brushes!  (Read 427 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Re: Managing all those brushes!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 12:03:50 pm »
You can also  send what you've snipped to email which is very handy!!

Majse, it's not complicated.   When you click on the icon, a little Snipping Tool bar pops up.  Select New, then just drag a box around what you want to snip.  As soon as you finish the box, it automatically snips it and from there, you can save it or send it to email.  That's all there is to it. So simple!

The only thing I do NOT like is, it saves with the extender in all caps...  like .JPG instead of .jpg.  I have to rename them if I am going to make them accessible on a web page because .jpg and .JPG are two different words according to the browsers.  On my old FTP program, it had an option to automatically change all upper case letters to lower case ones but I can't find that in Filezilla.

Offline Lynn

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 12:14:37 pm »
You can also do Edit - Copy and then paste into whatever program you are using. I find this useful as I don't always want to save the image or am not sure if I want to save it.

Like MaryLou, I am annoyed by the all caps JPG and PNG, but I can live with that!

Offline Majse

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2018, 07:28:31 am »
I learn something new all the time. I didn't know there is a difference with the caps. Oh so much my poor head have to think :-)))

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2018, 01:39:09 pm »
Lynn, I do that quite often each month when doing my newsletter.  I use a lot of free graphics and don't really want to download them, then go find them to import into the publishing program. It's so much easier to just snip it out and paste it into the document directly.

Majse, computers can't distinguisn between upper and lower case letters so if you have image.jpg and image.JPG, the computer doesn't know that they are the same thing.   Here's a good example:  my email is mlwhite@pircnet.com.   I can also use MLWhite@pircnet.com.  When it comes to email names, the system will convert everything to lower case, then interpret it.  There can only be ONE  mlwhite@pircnet.com in the world so the system makes sure of that by converting any upper case letters to lower case.

The same thing happens with a domain name.  If I type in AMAZON.com, the system will automatically convert it to amazon.com because, again, there can only be one amazon.com.   The system does NOT do this for graphics though.  Things like .jpg, .png, gif, doc  etc are taken exactly as spelled so if you created the image with an upper case letter, it does not get changed.  That's because images are specific to your own computer.  There can be thousands of images named rose.jpg but they are not in the same folders so there is no conflict. 

These same rules have applied for as long as I can remember.

Offline Majse

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 04:32:18 am »
I know in passwords etc. there is a BIG difference  :yes03: I didn't know with jpg - maybe it is one of the problems I sometimes have had ha ha. I have googles email - and they don't care. I wish everything was more alike so I didn't have to remember all that - but I guess I am getting old ( or just retro...)

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:16 pm »
Passwords and email are totally different but with passwords, they have to be exact. If you used upper case when you set it up, it will only accept that.  It does not change all to lower case.  With email, it doesn't care what you have for an extender, it just accepts it.

At one time, only lower case was used but trying to get humans to use only lower case is really hard. So, the powers that be said okay... let them use whatever they want and we will change it to lower case for them.  I think life was easier when they let us do things for ourselves. When everything is so automatic, we just don't know what's going on. :thumb3:

Offline Majse

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 09:22:35 am »
Hear Hear - much easier

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)