Affinity Forums : PIRC Facebook Affinity : PIRC Webpage : PIRC YouTube Channel : PIRC Photo Gallery

Author Topic: Animation?  (Read 253 times)

Offline MaryLouTopic starter

Animation?
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:00:42 pm »
I have Gif Animator and I was thinking that it might be fun to animate some of the things we make in Affinity Designer.  I am tied up with other projects until about the end of April but if there is enough interest, I will write some tutorials on installing the program and a tour of the interface and such so you can learn how to use it.

I also have tutorials that I have written in the past and can update them if needed. 

For those who are not familiar with how to do animation, the images are all made in your graphic program, then you set up the frames in the animation program and push a button.  it's as easy as that.

I am willing to set up a small forum for learning animation if there is enough interest but it won't happen until probably around May.  So, please vote for your preferences.  :yes03:

Offline Majse

Re: Animation?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 01:42:59 am »
Oh I am tempted but it depends on how serious it will be/how much time we have to find. But animating AD-stuff sounds like fun

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 02:57:08 pm »
Majse, you would be surprised at how small the animation program is - one screen and how easy animation is.  I would most likely spread it out to a longer period than our current projects.  Be sure and vote though.

Offline Majse

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 11:51:11 am »
I have voted - in the middle  :look: I am afraid I have too much on my plate. AD is really hard for me to learn but I am beginning to like Ad. Never ever thought so

Offline Majse

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:20:22 am »
MaryLou - is it this one?

https://www.gif-animator.com/

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 11:44:34 pm »
I don't think so - the menus don't look the same and neither does the interface.  It looks similar though.  I looked at the copyright notices and this one is copyrighted from 2001 - 2018  and the other one is copyrighted 1995 - 2002.  It's called Ulead Gif Animator.

There really wasn't enough interest in this for me to write tutorials, etc. It was an interesting idea but didn't work out.

They want $29.99 for their version, which is version 4 and mine is version 5.5.

Note:  I just downloaded their trial version and it's definitely NOT the same program.  :yes03:

Offline Grethe

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:17:21 am »
The interest is there, but AD and AP are time consuming. I feel so at least.

Offline Majse

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 08:06:58 am »
Thanks for the answer. Too bad but I understand you. It takes a lot of time to write tutorials. Such a shame but maybe some day animation will be a hit again

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 04:36:54 pm »
I think animation has come and gone but..  it seems that all things go around!  You really don't see much animation anymore other than on the little emots and such.

AD is definitely time consuming but once you learn your way around, it's pretty easy to master.  I don't use AP, although I have it.  Have not found a reason to use it yet. 

If I find some free time, I might do a little tutorial on animation so those who want to give it a try, can.  I was hoping they might put it in AD but it seems the majority are more interested in making far out graphics.  :yes03:

Offline Majse

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 05:06:41 am »
That would be great, MaryLou - a little tutorial some day  :yes03: Maybe we some day could have a room where we could put all kind of creations in. Without projects - just a show and tell

Like you I don't use AP - but it is a fine program, I think

Offline Tom C

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 08:06:33 am »
animation has not left me .I fool around with it daily......but I don't think there is very much interest in it
these days.
my latest is a redo  update  of an oldie.
tom

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 01:33:41 pm »
You always made such neat animation scenes, Tom.   At one time, everyone wanted to learn how to animate.   I have 245 animations that I've made over the years. They just take up space on my hard drive.   Things were different before Facebook.  Back then, everyone had their own web pages with links to pages of friends and everyone had animations.   Over time, people stopped doing their own web sites and went more for the canned blogs which really didn't take off, then to Facebook where so many seem to "live". 

Animations became a thing of the past... just as we will one of these days.  :yes03:

Offline Majse

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 11:44:45 pm »
Nice job, Tom  :brav01:

Keep on smiling! It will make people wonder what you're up to!! :)